What's your opinion on Aviation?

I assume most of you will agree with me that for the most part, aviation is great. But what are the things you guys hate about it, find annoying, outdated, etc. Post below and let us all know.

1 Like

Only part I hate and am scared about is terrorists on the plane or bombs. (Sorry if this is weird)

19 Likes

I think most of us are

The fact that it is one of the main reason for the constantly increasing global warming.

3 Likes

All we can do is build more efficient engines and planes

1 Like

The statistic that there is only 24% survival rate for aircraft crashes that are commercial providing that five people already died.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not reinforcing at all

How people are not willing to pay for more comfort in economy class and encouraging the race to the bottom. It’s quite unfortunate.

2 Likes

How is it global warming when 50mya there were forests from pole to pole, and if you watch the news why were the heat records set 100 years ago 💁🏼

3 Likes

Delays, Cancelled flights

4 Likes

This is normal though when weather is the cause but when it’s not then it can be a very big problem for passengers

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

8 Likes

I don’t understand you. Not at all, sorry.

2 Likes
  • Inefficiencies in older, large, airports post 9/11 (places that were designed when security was an afterthought).
  • General lack of preparation/knowledge from fellow passengers I get that not everyone flies regularly, but boarding is not the time to realize that your roll-aboard doesn’t fit in the overhead of a CRJ.
  • Similarly, the bag fee game. Encourages people to cram elephants into the overhead.
  • The race to the bottom in (some) passenger behavior; not everyone needs to wear a sport coat (try it though, can be quite functional), but decorum has gone right out the exit hatch it seems.
  • Physical bag check; this bothers me less when I am flying UA and can take the Premier lane, but that process seems out-dated.
  • The new game of “Delayed due to inbound aircraft (so it’s not our fault)”; what a meaningless reason.
3 Likes

I hate when people try to correct you on the aircraft type when what they think it is, is totally wrong.

Also when you are going spotting & the runway suddenly changes or even an aircraft doesn’t come when it is meant to. cough a350 cough

2 Likes

Who would want to see that? Lel, but the runway changing is annoying

1 Like

Mixed. History, photos, experiences are 97% terrific. However what I dislike is how people interpret aviation interests and those that try and sabotage aviation…

Am I the only one that likes flight delays? Lol

2 Likes

I hate people who say that we all have no hobbys and everyone is gay.
Yes, they don’t have better arguments here.

3 Likes

what do I hate? The great big juicy loans you need to get into the industry. :)

2 Likes

You are not alone :)

Flight delays = more time in the airport = more time watching planes <3

5 Likes