What's Your Home Airport?

Continuing the Discussion with Moderator Permission from “What’s Your Local Airport?”

That topic is old, so let’s make a new one!

What’s your home airport?
Mine is YMML

What do you love about it?
It’s small, but still has 10 A380 services per day (4 Qantas, 4 Emirates and 2 Qatar)

What’s the best photo you have taken while Plane Spotting there?
I know this isn’t #real-world-aviation:spotting but this is certainly my best;
IMG_0302

Try to answer all of these questions in your reply!

26 Likes

My home airport is KDLH.

3 Likes

My home airport is OLBA (Beyrouth Rafic Hariiri International) and it’s pretty small, not the best airport. The A380s don’t land at that airport except Emirates Airlines once.

1 Like

What is your home Airport?
YBTL (Yownsville)

What do you love about it?
It’s small, but it has a international and domestic terminal, gets very busy, it is also a RAAF base and I am pretty sure it is getting a huge upgrade

what is the best photo?
Though I don’t have any photos, you can get great shots when landing because of how low the get.

1 Like

Kmkl. A bunch of ga aircraft and a few ww2 kinda often.

all are p51 mustang pecos bill.

7 Likes

My home Airport is (LIR) aka Liberia Airport Costa Rica. It’s small only one terminal but a 787 lands from London.

3 Likes

My home airport is EBOS, very small with only 6-7 arrivals a day. Mostly TUI jets and sometimes an Ethiopian Cargo 777.

2 Likes

My home: KSDF

we don’t have much passenger services (farthest is KPHX and KLAS) but we have UPS’s worldport here so we have a large amount of cargo operations here

3 Likes

My home airport is PANC. I don’t know what I like about the airport but there are a lot of cargo planes. My actual home airport (if it counts) is Elmendorf Air Force Base.

4 Likes

My home airport is KTUS or Tucson International Airport in Arizona. Main hub for Southwest, American, Delta, and United.

1 Like

KISP, KJFK, KLGA

What I like about ISP:
Convience, easy in and easy out, increasing options

What I like about LGA:
crickets

What I like about JFK:
Can get to almost anywhere in the world nonstop, tons of options

ISP:

LGA:

JFK:

18 Likes

My nearest airport is EGNT (Brize Norton AFB) but my nearest international airport is EGLL (Heathrow)

3 Likes

KSAT
I love that it’s updating and modernizing it’s self and offering new routes. It plans on expanding by 2030.
Unfortunately there are highways surrounding it and a park on the other side with not many paths so great shots are out of the question

1 Like

The closest and largest one to me is Manchester Airport.

1 Like

Home Airport(s): KLVN,KMSP

KLVN: GA airport with many hangers
KMSP: Delta’s second biggest hub after Atlanta, we get a 787 from Amsterdam by KLM and also have a A340 from Air France with a couple of 777s operated by Delta.

4 Likes

I’m almost out of likes for liking everyones replies!

2 Likes

Happy birthday by the way!

2 Likes

My home airport? KDEN.

What I love about it? Its a very nice airport, even thiught it has over 1200 services a day. It’s easy to go in and out and has good food.

My best spotting? Hmm…20180803_174555

This Lufthansa 747 on 8/03/18 and this Lufthansa A330 on 11/13/17 heading to Frankfurt and Munich, respectively.

3 Likes

Home Airport:KCLT

What I like about it:

I don’t really like much as the airport is really outdated however it’s quickly modernizing,Spotting is very easy and there are many amazing places to spot.Love to spot at the overlook,especially the heavies in the afternoon.

Best photo

Many arnt saved to my iPad
But here:

There is a KCLT 5K race,did it for spotting 😂
Got this A333 in R23 (Parked for 5K)also is @racerclc profile pic

14 Likes

Spotting at Manchester Airport awaiting my departure for Crete

1 Like