What's your favorite old livery?

Aeroflot_Airbus_A310-300_F-OGQS_CDG_1993

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/aviation/comments/2vgx8p/aeroflot_livery_concept/

Maybe not my favorite, but looks really good IMO.

4 Likes

Oh, Turkish Airlines old liveries. IMG_1134

IMG_1133

I just sometimes hope that they’ve used this livery till’ today. I wonder how it looked on the 777-300ER 🤔.

Source: search Google for ‘Turkish Airlines old livery’

4 Likes

Oh yes, how could it be anything else? 😂

For the younger generations out there you may not recognize these airlines as they are no longer in operation or they have merged with another airline. Living in Hawaii for a number of years, I was flying between the mainland US on these first two carriers primarily due to their low cost fares.

Information about ATA’s bankruptcy can be found here

Credit to Paul Spijkers

Information about Aloha Airlines bankruptcy can be found here

Credit to Rudi Riet

America West merged with US Airways back in 2008. US Airways recently merged with American Airlines back in 2013 retiring the ICAO and callsign “Cactus” as of April 2015.

Credit to Rudi Riet

These were 3 truly great airlines back in the day, and it would be nice to see them brought back to life one day in Infinite Flight.

8 Likes

The BA DC10 in the landor is my favorite non current livery, that looks more like the tristar though. :(

1 Like

Gotta be Colors In Motion. Love it.

2 Likes

You mean how it looked on the 77W? Because they never flew the 77W with that livery.

No doubt this Garuda Livery…
download (14)

1 Like

Old SAS livery is my choice:

SAS Mad Dog last flight in 2013
IMG_7277
Photo credit: FAA

SAS DC-10-30 last flight in 1993
IMG_7278
Photo credit: Jon Proctor

1 Like

@DeerCrusher That Aloha livery would look mighty nice in IF, yeah? It screams 1990’s but I still like it.

2 Likes

Kinda gone but kinda still here

Did you guys know about 6-5 years before us airways merged with American they
American airlines almost merged with us airways, but they pulled out

9 Likes

These two old livery’s are my favorite
Credit to Medolago Manuel and AI.Airliners for the photos

3 Likes

I am noticing that many people here are forgetting to add photo credit, I think we need a reminder before this topic gets too big. Many photos here need credits, photos are not allowed without giving proper credit, please reference this thread for more information. Even more information can be found on this thead.

1 Like

This has to be my favorite! :)

4 Likes

Yeah it does scream the '90’s. Lol. It’s a unique livery.

1 Like

IMG_9819

Omg these two Delta liveries the old 747-100 and the 1996 Olympics livery have got to be my favorite!!🤤

4 Likes

And let’s not forget about the TAM Brazil livery before they merged with LAN, mannn I miss TAM even though you see them around they’ll all be repainted by 2018😭

2 Likes

It’s a tie between these two:

6 Likes

That United is a stunning picture! I say it wins.

1 Like

Easily the old 747-200 Aer Lingus livery.

4 Likes