What's your best STOL landing or takeoffs

Hay guys, lately I have been getting professional on my short landing and takeoffs (STOL practice). I just wanted to check and see what people are similiar to me in the community; and have been trying to do super short landings. So please message below on either the airport or runway length you landed on and in what aircraft.

Looking foward to people’s responses

I tried to do this kind of landing, the Airbus 320, but I do not know if she got it

All you gotta do is get the Decathlon… 49kt headwind. And whoosh, your now VTOL

11 Likes

You are like flying a helicopter.LOL

7 Likes

My landing records
Cessna 208 - 150 ft
Airbus A380 - 840 ft
Decathlon - 200 ft
Embrear - 480ft
C130 - 290 ft
Dash 8 - 700 ft

Takeoff record:
Cessna 208 - 298 ft
C 130 - 500 ft

All done with no or minimal wind

4 Likes

tried flying 60 kn once on APPR
this is what happened to my attempted at STOL…

in case you were wondering… i crashed.

11 Likes

Tioman in an a380. That’s quite easy though

1 Like

Your airplanes must have had no weight in them

1 Like

Nobody said there had to be? Haha what you should be asking is where did he find the tape measure to get such figures?

1 Like

Took off backwards once. Have done vertical in a CCX

#hurricaneSTOL

2 Likes

I looked up the length of the aircraft and then measured how many times that plane fit in the section I landed in it. Also for fuel I added light fuel and the a low weight to make one person roughly

1 Like

Also I highly recommend everyone try turning headwind to 50kts and flying into it. It is so fun. Thanks for the recommendation @Aussie_Wombat

1 Like

The only way I know for the fact is that 1. How does he know exactly how far he traveled and what is he measuring. Also unless your stalling the plane it’s impossibly to land 150 feet in any plane. I wonder how the 208 has a less landing distance than the Super D.

2 Likes

Tried landing at this really weird runway. Ended in me stalling out

1 Like

I never tried to measure it but ill land the Super D at a GA parking spot. I fly this plane allllll the time and practice STOL everywhere

Landed a embrear 170 there successfully on light weight

1 Like

I just don’t fly the decathlon a lot so haven’t really gotten the hang of doing short landings on it there for the record for the 208 for me it’s lower than the decathlon records I have

STOL is completely unrealistic and unprofessional unless you are flying a GA aircraft. Yes there are some rare exceptions but, IRL, an a380 will never do a “STOL” landing.

2 Likes

Thats the Hospital Airport In Amsterdam region Lol
I spawned there once on Solo in 380 it was hilarious

2 Likes