Whats ur highest ground speed when doing a flight

I dont know if people pay attention to it or not but im just curious what is the highest ground speed yall encounter while doing a flight

4 Likes

I think mine was around 640 kts on a transatlantic flight (going from the west to the east)

Uhhh
Does fighters count coz the other day I was doing a flight from Athens to london(with multiple fuel stops)
And I clocked 1506 knots

I’ve hit about 685kts ground speed before flying across the Pacific, west to east. Think I was flying from Haneda to Chicago tailwind at one point was like 200kts.

2 Likes

The highest I have ever been is 694 flying over the Pacific from L.A. to Sydney. And I still had some room to speed up.

1 Like

I honestly don’t keep track lol, but probably 610kts+

My highest till this date that only happened once has been 708 kts because I was flying a Boeing 747-8i and I cruised at 33 000ft where winds were over 195+ kts! (not kidding at all)!

My highest was about 792 kts doing LHR-JFK at FL380 with a tail wind of 174kts no kidding

1 Like

About to go “ZOOOOOOMM” and supersonic!! (lmao)

1 Like

Yes sirr. Hopefully we can get the new Boom super sonic plane on the sim United already ordered 25 they will be flying in the air in 2025

1 Like

I got 784 in a F-18 In a solo just climbing and then diving on full throttle

I got like 1,200 ground speed along the west coast as an F-22, I then became a rocket ship and climbed to FL680.

2 Likes

Powerful engines!

I got 698 knots when flying Amsterdam to singapore

703 i think

Man that’s fastt

I once hit 598 knots with a rather strong tailwind, never passed it since. At least, that was with a commercial 777. Once, I hit 1146 in some kind of fighter, I don’t remember.

sonic the hedgehog has entered the chat

Fighter jet? Around 3000 knots
Commercial aircraft? Around 1800 knots

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.