What's trim is used for and what should it be set as at different times in the flight?

Hello infinite flight Community, your probly sick of hearing me ask questions but I’m sorry, I have another one. What’s is trim used for and what should it be set as for :Takeoff :cruise :decent and landing. Thanks very much.Screenshot_20190813-095428

1 Like

I just do random trim but for departure and landing. I keep trim between -10 and -15 depending on my aircraft and cruise, climb and descent I just keep between 5 and -5 again depending on my aircraft

1 Like

Trim is used to ease the force needed to maintain potions or negative pitch. If you use pot I’ve trim then you can pull up more comfortably as you don’t have to tilt as much. Practice using it but I usually use 30% for landing and then 10-50 for takeoff, aircraft depending.

3 Likes

10-15 on light aircraft and 20-30 depending on weight of heavies usually works well for me on takeoff. i usually leave trim after that unless my aircraft is pitched up on cruise

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I will have to like your posts later, I have to wate 2hrs but I will.

1 Like

There’s a little pink line on the trim tab. When at cruise manipulate the trim until that pinkish/purple line disappears that’s how you know you have the right trim setting.

3 Likes

I have provided some tutorials below to help you.

3 Likes

I asked to an A380 pilot for trim. He smiled. Because there’s auto trim.
At takeoff I don’t give about trim. But when releasing auto approach I don’t want the plane dive or soar. So I train and train until finding out what trim to apply to keep the plane steady when releasing auto approach.
Tips: calibrate in a comfortable holding position when you want during approach. And set trim steps by steps while approaching. The both have to be done before releasing auto approach.
For A321 I use 30% to land.
Maybe that one day we would have auto trim in options

3 Likes

Thanks everyone

1 Like

You’re welcome mate