What's the stupidest thing you've done in Infinite Flight

I have done that too, ATC just kept holding me short for 20 without any traffic on the airport… But also cause I was late for school xD

5 Likes

Ahhhh let’s see… so a while back on expert I was flying a BA A320 from Poland to London. Everything was perfect anything a pilot can ask for. So I’m getting ready to land on the runway about 4 planes lining up waiting for me to arrive. Spoilers were armed, flaps were down . Landing lights and strobe lights were on, fasten seatbelt sign was on. Here I am about to grease the landing… 50,40,30,20,10 TOUCHDOWN. Right smack down on the center line with a side of extra butter. But something seemed off, my plane was slowing down a bit to fast and when I tried to exit the runway my plane wouldn’t move and came to a complete stop. I go to the outside view and would you look at that… I forgot the darn gears the most important part of landing. And there I sat like a noob on the runway in front of all the pilots that were probably thinking “ what the hell is this guy doing on the expert server “. Yes it was indeed the most stupidest thing I have ever done and don’t let me tell you how mad I was .

57 Likes

Youre not the only one, I racked up 100 violations in my first couple of months.

7 Likes

So,
I was still Grade 2 and needed to do 2 more landings to be Grade 3. I was sooo excited ! So I went to a random airport, did one touch and go with a fighter. When I was airborne again, I tought: “Let’s finish Grade 2 in beauty…”. I did a biiiiiig looping.
Result: Violation for aerobatics in an airspace. - > I had to wait one week until I could be Grade 3.

38 Likes

Flying over 250 knots below 10,000 feet

7 Likes

Yep, I saw it 😂😂

3 Likes

Flown a transatlantic out of JFK and fall asleep before I turned east. I woke up and I was near the North Pole

21 Likes
9 Likes

Kinda the same situation… I was in the middle of a csgo match and was also descending into KLAX and I set my speed to 220 but my plane didn’t slow down and I ended up getting 5 violations

6 Likes

only 5? get on my level :joy:

emojis didnt work:(

4 Likes

Forgetting to tune into ground and request taxi to parking after landing a 13hr flight. Got reported for it too :/

4 Likes

It’s so fun to do that. But only on solo mode.

For me, it was probably falling asleep while controlling on expert. It was “great fun” waking up and realizing I screwed up big time 😅

23 Likes

But mine are great. A heavy crosswind and I overcorrected for the rudder, initiated a go around and the plane entered a flat spin and I crashed and burned with everyone watching (at a busy airport), I got a violation for performing stunts in airport airspace. Also a TON of times where I landed with spoilers in flight mode and before pushback turning on all of my engines and lights.

6 Likes

So, I’m going to be 100% I’ve done 2 really stupid things in my early days of flying, the first one was I didn’t slow down enough and slid off the runway at LAX into the ocean, the second time was I didn’t enter my altitude in correct and hit the mountains North East of LAX while departing

12 Likes

Landing to Denver considering the altitude was 400 feet instead of 5400 ft. I had missed the 5. Need glasses.
I was in solo so I went back 20 seconds and saved my flight by miracle

8 Likes

I was once doing a long haul that I had let run over night, I believe it was EGLL - KDFW. Anyways I had about 10 minutes left of the flight left everything was looking good. Smooth speed, little wind, I was setup for the perfect landing. I continued to make my descent to 2500 ft MSL. 10,000 ft AGL,
6000 ft AGL, 4000 ft AGL, 2500 ft AGL, I wasn’t paying attention to the ground level metre, I was paying attention to sea level metre… 1500 AGL… I guess I didn’t hear the call outs, it was around 500 ft AGL that I heard the fallout realized that I was way too close to the ground. It then clicked that I had been paying attention to the wrong altitude metre I panicked and tried to disable auto pilot, but I was descending at approximately 2000 fpm so by the time I maxed the throttle and attempted to pull up, it was too late. I crashed smack down in Dallas about 5 minutes from touchdown. Had to start the whole 12 hour flight or whatever it was from the beginning… It was that day I realized you should always check the altitude of the airport, pay attention to your AGL metre and also descend a lot more steadier…

14 Likes

I was pretty new to IF and just got onto training server. I wanted to do a flight from EGLL-KJFK. I didn’t really know about fuel not being accurate for the first few hours of a medium to long haul flight, so I decided that I was going to land on water to refuel. I ended up getting 4 violations for that one.
(I didn’t know you could only do that with brakes set at an airport)

6 Likes

I forgot to clear @Mark_Denton for takeoff on expert. Stupid and embarrassing.

11 Likes

Holy crap what happens afterwards? Like what was the result?

2 Likes