What's the scariest flight you've been on?

Me personally? I don’t know.😕
But I wanna know, what was your scariest flight!

6 Likes

Isn’t this almost identical to this?

3 Likes

KLAX-EGLL where the lights went out we hit turbulence very badly food went flying the overhead bin opened and my dad was injured when a carryon fell on his head

1 Like

That hasn’t had a reply for almost two years…

5 Likes

The topic is still open though?

1 Like

Descending into Charlotte, US Airways A321, Night time, ceilings approximately 500’ AGL. Came out of the clouds and hit the runway hard and bounced twice. I thought we were going to over run the runway.

1 Like

But it would be necroposting

Don’t be a necroposter 😉

1 Like

But if you’re adding a scary experience then you’re still contributing to the topic. I think the idea against necroposting is to stop pointless bumps of old topics.

2 Likes

And that one is a very old topic

2 Likes

So by that logic every comment on this forum over a year or two old should be replaced in a new topic?

1 Like

Landing at EGEL in a 208. Not used to flying in smaller planes when we had to perform a go-around due to a rogue gusting crosswind. Quite an experience. Safe to say, I’ve never been in a 208 again.

6 Likes

I’m done if you would like to continue let’s do it in a pm so we don’t go off topic and get in trouble with the mods 😊

8 Likes

Was flying into NZAA on a ATR72 and we we’re coming in over the ocean and we had the gear put down, but when it came down something went wrong so we rolled and ended up on the grass after clipping another plane, no major injurys

10 Likes

NADI - LAX (Air Pacific 747-400ER)

When the pilots got permission to do a immediate takeoff they really pushed the 747 to it’s limits. They had the fastest turn at about 20 KNTS (Ground speed) took off and had a quick turn as well.

1 Like

Hmm… How about this. My first ever flight in a C172, we were on final at KAPA and my instructor says, “You have the airplane.”

19 Likes

I haven’t had any scary flight, but something that I wasn’t specting, we were clear for takeoff at SJU on an American Airlines a330, and the pilot was entering the rwy and spooling up at the same time. He took that turn very fast, It was a weird feeling.

But how is that scary?

Scariest? Probably when I was on a Flyglobespan 737 back in 2008 I think. One of the passengers said he had a bomb as a joke. Not something to joke about. Spanish police searched the plane and found nothing. He was removed from the plane. What a knob.

7 Likes

It was sorta of a joke, cause I haven’t had a scariest flight. But I’ll edited.

1 Like