What's the last time you declared a fuel emergency?

What’s the last time you on a flight and you need to declare a minimum/emergency fuel?

3 Likes

I’ve only did it once because I divert to an airport 1h50 mins away because fell asleep so decided to land not fly another 2hrs😂. That was like 3-4 months ago

3 Likes

The XCubs to Oshkosh event. I had just a little fuel left and should of loaded a bit more but made it. 😉

3 Likes

how did you fell asleep

let me guess, the night

I was flying KJFK-EGLC and I put in 3hrs instead of 8hrs so I diverted to CYHZ (took three tries) but I made it safely on the ground and the moment I left the runway I ran out of fuel🤣

3 Likes

I was flying LHR-JFK and forgot that the fuel burn mechanics of the 757 aren’t the greatest…I made an emergency landing at ISP with about 2 mins of fuel left.

4 Likes

Earlier this week. I even made a post educating about it

1 Like

What do you mean? This topic is not about HOW to declared a fuel emergency, it’s about WHAT THE LAST TIME! you declared a fuel emergency. Did you read the topic or something?

I don’t get it why are you trying to say here?

If you read it thoroughly it states when I declared it and I share more information than how to just do it, and why I did. :)

3 Likes

Never, because I alway prepare for anything anywhere on my journey, and all of you should too

9 Likes

Ive never had a fuel emergency

4 Likes

Oh, I was confused for a second and I thought you were saying something else until I read your reply again.

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. :)

1 Like

Its fine! :)

Ive
Made way worse mistakes

2 Likes

I have never declared emergency landings… yet… because I always put at least 1-1:30 extra hours of fuel.

2 Likes

Never! Just put more fuel than you need. 1hour extra is a good fuel reserve if needed.

1 Like

The second XCubs to Oshkosh flight I was about 2 to 3NM out from the runway, I landed safely and taxied to the gate with 30 seconds of fuel left.

2 Likes

Luckily never ❌😀

1 Like

at the last Friday Night Flight in Cape Town. I had to declare emergency. i flew from Honulu to Cape Town and when i landed i just had 0% Fuel left and i started whit 100% fuel in Honulu

1 Like

Looks like I have a route to fly ;)

1 Like

Not that I can remember.

1 Like