What's a route you wish existed?

There are many airlines with a variety of routes to choose from. However, certain destinations require you to connect to a smaller aircraft at a different airport in order to get there. Hypothetically speaking, what is a route that you wish existed nonstop? Feel free to include what airline or what aircraft you feel should operate it.

For me personally, I wish that Caribbean Airlines would operate its 737-800 directly from New York to Dominica. I also wish that Our Air operated flights directly from New York if the airport in Nauru had been renovated to accomodate at least 1 large aircraft.

If this is a duplicate topic, feel free to take it down and refer me to the old one.

1 Like

CYYJ - PHNL. Westjet and Harmony used to fly direct, wish it would be reinstated.
CYYJ - any London, UK airport as YYJ needs more long haul flights
CYYJ - KSAN as YYJ needs a SOCAL connection

2 Likes

I would love to see AUS-ICN on Korean Air (or Delta but that’s less likely). Austin is bound to get an Asia link soon (most likely with SkyTeam), so hopefully this comes true!

I would also love to see BKK-LAX get a link!

3 Likes

Berlin to New York, Air Berlin we’re going to operate it on their A330 before they went bankrupt.

☹️

2 Likes

I would’ve said EGKK-EYVI but Air Baltic just started them :P

1 Like

Delta LAX-Auckland NZ

4 Likes

I would love to see KISP-KSAN on southwest so I can see my cousin and her family.
Also KISP-KDCA, KISP-KCLT (@IFATC_Andrew I expect to see you flying this one if it ever comes to fruition) , ISP-SJU

1 Like

Not really routes, but…

I wish that more airlines operated out of Oakland and John Wayne… They both serve large areas with lots of people, also traffic to get over to LAX or SFO makes it so “fun” to go over to larger airports. Oakland serves the East Bay Area, and John Wayne serves Orange County.

If I had to choose a route for both, it would probably be:
SNA - MCI (grandparents live there)
and
OAK - PVG (getting over to china… Really any international route would be nice!)

1 Like

Gatwick to Detroit, Houston, Lagos, and Dallas.
Boston to Brussels maybe?

1 Like

Qatar Airways announced KSFO-OTHH years ago but never started it, I wish they would…

5 Likes

The flight(s) that I want to be operated are the following:

1. Tel Aviv to Denver/Denver to Tel Aviv
  2. Tel Aviv to Sydney/Sydney to Tel Aviv
  3. Tel Aviv to Melbourne/Melbourne to Tel Aviv

Yes, I know there are connecting flights and all, but I want nonstop with El Al

5 Likes

Oh and Phoenix to Paris… actually surprised this isn’t a route.

2 Likes

Bucharest to Antalya. There are only charter flights and it would make things much easier if there would be scheduled routes as well so you don’t have to connect in Istanbul.

1 Like
  • Dallas/Fort Worth to Osaka on American/JAL
  • Dallas/Fort Worth to Melbourne on American/Qantas
  • Singapore to Quito on Singapore Airlines

Might as well throw in a direct Xiamen to DFW flight.

3 Likes

I wish there was KPDX (Portland International) - 4S2 (Ken Jernsedt Airfield) on a Q400. I actually do think that this could happen someday as there are so many people that commute between Hood River and Portland literally every singe day. All that would need to happen is a lengthening of the runway, which doesn’t seem too hard to do. Honestly, Alaska Airlines would make loads of money off this route…

1 Like

A route from Portugal to anywhere in Asia. They have no Asian routes currently. :(

Would be nice to see the TAP A330Neo operate in Asia

3 Likes

I’d love to see a KLGB international route, since they have the slots and capacity to do so. With Air Canada expanding at SNA, I think WestJet would have a valid shot at LGB with JetBlue pulling back their services out of LGB. KLGB-CYVR would be a great route. I also hope that KSNA will get a proper East Coast connection, because right now, it’s only a red-eye to KEWR on a UA 737-700…but then again, SNA has no room for expansion

TL;DR - Hoping that LGB gets an International route since we have so much room to expand, but considering SNA is both more convenient and more well-known, they may expand more. But, do they really have room to expand? I mean, they are already in hot water with residents, and they do happen to be in the middle of a bunch of office buildings, a bunch of rich homes, and a bunch of freeways (it’s SoCal after all). All KLGB has is a mall, the 405, and the Marriott. After all, they do a bunch of empty space at that airport, and they have a bunch of open slots too.

Time will only tell.

2 Likes

Its not a route? Thats odd, I never knew that. I assumed there were flights between the two cities.

2 Likes

Before COVID, Beijing Capital Airlines was operating a regular Beijing Daxing to Xi’An to Lisbon route.

Image Credits

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1230046/b-1042-capital-airlines-beijing-airbus-a330-300/

And technically there’s Asian flights from Lisbon to both Doha and Dubai as well as Porto to Dubai.

If Primera Air didn’t collapse, they may still be flying it today (without COVID-19)

Delta operates the route seasonally, unless you mean on Air Berlin?

2 Likes

I’d love to see KSAN-RPLL on Philippine Airlines, but that would be unlikely.

1 Like