What's a rare or luckiest thing you've experienced on a flight?

On a trip to and from Hawaii back in December 2019, I thought I was the luckiest person in the world:

I had a layover in Los Angeles (KLAX) on the way over, and I had the rare chance to land and depart from the ocean side!

And just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, the layover in San Francisco (KSFO) on the way back home, gave me the extremely rare chance to depart on runway 10L!

What are some of your moments?

22 Likes

A man using the restroom while the plane was landing

18 Likes

What the hell?! 😂

5 Likes

My only question is how are you in there from final decent to landing??

4 Likes

Was someone aware that he was in the bathroom?

2 Likes

I hope not because that would be bad on the flight attendance part lol

2 Likes

That man must be choosen by NASA for space missions.🪔

4 Likes

Yes, the pilots were aware and they had the man sit on the toilet while the plane buttered

4 Likes

When we were landing in the Caribbean some one threw up in front of us.

6 Likes

I was insanely lucky enough to overfly the victoria falls when departing VFA and the pilots went in circles around the falls so that both sides of the aircraft could get a clear view of this absolute wonder!

I was also very lucky to fly in the business class of a KLM 747-400 combi and I absolutely loved it!

2 Likes

Landing on Runway 3L at KDTW from San Francisco, including flying right by the city and Canada.

3 Likes

I was extremely lucky to get the last row all to my self on a JetBlue A320 heading to New York

As well as being able to depart and an 15 minute later the airport shut down due to tornado so yeah

I also had the opportunity to fly into the new year a few years back and land at exactly 12:00 am back in 2018

5 Likes

Got an equipment upgrade from an 321 to 789 from PHX-ORD

5 Likes

Passenger heart attack over Atlantic Ocean, 180 turn back to Canada, leave passenger, refuel, depart again towards Istanbul

KATL-LTBA

3 Likes

Twice I’ve flown on a “private jet”. The first time was with 9 others on a A320 from KLAX to CYVR. I cannot remember the reason why there was so few of us on the flight, but it was a nice surprise! The second time was due to weather. The airport was at a high elevation, with a steep climb out (due to winds), and the temperature was nearing 40C. There was about 15 pax on a E190…Hopefully I’ll be able to fly on a real private jet soon!

3 Likes

Landing Runway 26R at LROP. Rare.

2 Likes

Go around at KBUF due to high winds and a diversion to KPIT

@KPIT great moment

5 Likes

For the record I was joking…mostly

1 Like

But I wasn’t

4 Likes

That plane must’ve had a flux capacitor onboard if it was able to time travel like that 😂

2 Likes