What would IF terrain look like in 10 years?

Since IF has very high standards (which I believe is the reason why updates take so much time), I tried to make a mock up of the type of scenery that would be available for mobile (or PC 😉) in maybe 10 years down the line. IF was able to achieve what no other simulator on this platform has achieved, so why put limitations while envisioning future updates.

This post doesn’t count for improvements in aircraft quality. My apologies for the poor selection of aircraft for these screenshots, I only have live.

71 Likes

In my dreams. ;)

I doubt mobile tech will come this far in our lifespans, and therefore I doubt IF will be around…

18 Likes

10 years…
cough PC cough

22 Likes

Still, I doubt it.

3 Likes

This type of terrain is so much better than what the current PC simulators have. Add some maybe VR to the mix and 😍

6 Likes

Wow the last picture is awesome

4 Likes

Thats the dream right there !

8 Likes

Wow this so magnificent,

5 Likes

We are expanding what we thought we couldn’t do everyday so this is very possible, but something tells me if you don’t have a good device it would just explode 😂

5 Likes

Imagine the forum topic 😅

‘My device exploded’ - support

‘Please post device specs’

'iPhone 5!'
15 Likes

a.k.a PC Infinite Flight

4 Likes

PC IF would be awesome, but I thought the whole point of IF was a flight sim for on the go?..

4 Likes

Don’t see scenery that good happening in IF. Not for a long time.

Honestly for the regions it currently has (NorCal,SoCal,Switzerland), Aerofly2 is as good as it gets right now for mobile sims when it comes to terrain quality.

6 Likes

Wow! I hope so!

2 Likes

How did you make them?

2 Likes

GIMP
I just use those free desktop background sites. No copyright issues 😉

4 Likes

Maybe in 10 years down the line…

2 Likes

Well they are super cool!

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean we can’t look into expanding to PC 😉

2 Likes

A iPod5 is what I used to play on until my battery exploded while I was flying in socal, I was getting a fricken hotdog, I come back and it’s on fire

2 Likes