What would happen if…?

iPad Pro user here, been doing long hauls on IF as well as keeping it constantly on while flying in real life with ForeFlight, for five years now. Never had any issues.

3 Likes

You’re worrying to much. I’ve had the same iPad for 2 years and have completed hundreds of longhauls. It’s very satisfying waking up and landing in a new country on time.

The other problem I have is that I have to make fictional flights. I’m retired now with no life and no reason to get up these days. Need to find a 15 plus hour flight like YSSY to ATL. I need at least 3 cup’s of coffee and smokes and read the news before going to fly something. Plus I like using my tablet in the morning to catch up on the world before fantasy flying

1 Like

Unfortunately in this case the app will be in the background for so long that it will disconnect by the time you wake up… you are still able to finish the flight, just offline, so not ATC or other aircraft (simply flying solo) :)

1 Like

Ah I see! Well don’t worry, your iPad will not explode. The game however might crash randomly as that has been a problem recently. Hope you find a solution and see you in the friendly skies!

if the game does crash out of the blue, go into the app settings and clear cache. This can often clog up your device’s memory (with unnecessary files and scenery downloads)

well is depend on how well ur device run. you can go setting and change it so screen not turn off every few minutes.

Rip. glad I saw this before I did a long flight and paused lol

I’ve recently done this and it doesn’t help. Still crashes unfortunately

There is a way to pause the game.

If you simply turn off your device, without clearing the Infinite Flight tab you will be able to resume where you left off.

Remember there is a huge risk to this. Since you did not clear the Infinite Flight tab it will drain your battery, if your device dies, you will lose all your progress.

2 Likes

Haha giving away the secrets haha 😂

If you follow the instructions from @CaptainSooraj

You will be fine

Just try and enjoy something that you have never done maybe but simply enjoy we as people have many concerns and we forget to enjoy the little good bit that we have

Happy flying and hope to see you in the virtual sky

All the best

1 Like

Hey there @Capt_Whiplash!

I’m seeing you are interested in overnights, but you are worried about your device.

First of all, there’s no need to worry. When I first got my iPad Air, I was worried about the exact same thing. I read a few stuff, and one was:

I would recommend you follow the above tips, as this is what I used. I’ve done many overnights and my device has not overheated or had any battery problems before. Although you may experience 1 or 2 app crashes, that’s normal. Hope this helps.

View the full guide here:

Actually, it won’t. At least in my experience.

@Capt_Whiplash - I have the iPad mini 5 with a cheap (maybe $15?) folding case from Amazon. When I begin a flight and realize I can’t compete it (i.e., I need to go out and won’t be home to land in time), I simply shut the case. When I return home, I open the case, type in my password/use TouchID, and my flight is exactly where I left off. The best part: the server will reconnect in about 30 seconds. I’ve never had an instance where I’ve come back and Infinite Flight quit, either. If I remember correctly, the longest period I’ve done this for was around ten hours.

I’d say give it a shot (since you have a folding case that will automatically turn off the device) and see what happens!

4 Likes

that’s a pretty powerful ipad, should be able to get the job done with ease

1 Like

That’s actually pretty interesting! I’ve had the exact opposite experience lol.

I guess it’s a little moody, and depends on how well your internet connection can handle apps running in the background (just guessing here though).

2 Likes

That’s weird because thats the same one i use and it runs it perfectly fine

Also, to keep a charge i recommend purchasing a super charger, so it charges better

Well I did find out that after one of my flights and parked two days ago; I forgot to end it and simply closed the iPad. I remembered to put it on the charger. The next day I was using the iPad to watch Mentor Pilot Aviation ( https://youtube.com/c/MentourPilotaviation ) most of the next day. Then this afternoon I opened up Infinite Flight and found it was still running and still had a ✅ that was online

I do the exact same with my iPad Air 4th gen and the only time it actually completely closed IF while in the background was after like 5 or so hours