What would be done

So, if a passenger plane was hijacked and fighter jets catched up to it, what would they do? They would give verbal warnings and maybe fire a warning shot, but surely they wouldn’t take down a plane with people in it…

I dunno. Apparently, going between ‘7700’ and ‘7500’ with the squark code means the plane has been hijacked, and it’s probably best if you shoot it down. Not confirmed though.

1 Like

If it was Hijacked and there was no hope of the hijackers giving up, yes, they would be shot down.

Reason: If it’s shot down let’s say there would be 140 casualties. Compared to if the hijackers where going to do something 9/11 like, maby 2000+ lives may be lost.

6 Likes

Well, if your on a hijacked plane, I’d rather be proudly shot down by my own Air Force rather than plummeted into buckingham palace or something, but in all fairness, in a hijacked flight, I’d just attack the terrorists or die trying, rather die with dignity

6 Likes

That’s probably true but I would not fire that rocket at the plane I’d be like: I’ll go next time we have a hijack, you can have the honor now :)

I agree, i rather be shot down, than crash into the Capitol or White House.
Also, this came out after 9/11, it might help.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/sep/28/terrorismandtravel.september11

1 Like