What will be the hardest thing to adapt to in Update 20.1?

Since update 20.1 is right around the curb/corner, there are new features coming such as: Center ATC, adjusted 772-ER settings, SIDS and STARs, and the VNAV. What would be the hardest thing to adapt to in 20.1? (https://twitter.com/infiniteflight/status/1266453422833836032)

2 Likes

Everything.

12 Likes

If you read carefully all the user guide flying manuals before (or after) the update, everything will be easy for everyone!

11 Likes

Honestly never really had global at the time when center was a thing so that will be something new to learn about.

1 Like

Actually it’s a pretty simple and direct frequency. Make sure to watch the tutorial in the IFATC manual.

1 Like

Probably VNAV, SIDs/STARs and Center.

Center is going to be vastly different from how it was before - so that’s going to have some getting used to.

3 Likes

I bet Level 3 Violations will SKYROCKET after the update. Lol.

3 Likes

Sid and Stars
im litterally wnating centre and oceanic tracks

2 Likes

Let’s hope not. Please practice the new features in the training server to avoid any other violations

3 Likes

I think in the beginning everything is not easy. Everything has its time and 20.1 will also take time. That’s why I would say that you just have to wait for the update. In addition, there will be many tutorials that give the answer. Time will tell

2 Likes

I was joking, Maybe I was with IF before the Center was removed.

1 Like

probs will have to be the 777 i have not flown the 777 since the 787 was released

1 Like

Well nothing, because the infinite flight team is excellent in providing extensive help.

2 Likes

The hardest part for me in terms of adapting to changes in 20.1 were the communications with Center/ Approach, as well as the whole SID/STAR business. That being said, once Tyler explained how everything worked it was a smooth ride from there on. There’ll be countless tutorials (by both forum members & official tutorials) which will make sure everyone is aware of the new changes and how to use them. The best advice I can give is to try the new changes out in Solo first before jumping onto the Expert Server. Obviously it’s not as fun in Solo, but by practicing you’ll be able to help IFATC by communicating correctly with them (who are also adapting to this change) and you will help yourself as you’ll be more educated on this aspect of flight simulation.

3 Likes

VNAV is automatic for a sid and star, so it makes life that much easier

The waiting time😊

1 Like

Haha very funny

If you remember correctly, the A321 was released separately from the other members of the family; and this was in 2015! Now that the technology has advanced to new heights, it’ll obviously take more time to develop each aircraft to the standards we expect from the team today. Think of each B777 as a separate aircraft and not as one family. Each requires their own set of physics, modelling and other developer stuff I’m not educated enough to talk about. But this isn’t related to the topic in question, so I’ll end my rant here :)

3 Likes

For me, it would be the SID’s and STAR’s. I’d need to get used to what I should put in.

1 Like

Gonna agree , VNAV , SIDs and STARS along with Center will be the most frightening things coming in 20.1

2 Likes