What was your “Oh, Shoot! This doesn’t feel right.” experience in an airplane?

Like it says in the title.

Mine was a few years back on a Q400 from KSEA to CYYJ. I sat in the second to last row and could see visible damage to the wall in the galley. The flight was also a little shaky , more turbulent than normal (could be a coincidence) and had a hard landing. Two of those could’ve been a bad pilot I suppose.

9 Likes

Seeing Ice

2 Likes

On the wing?!

2 Likes

Hopefully the window

2 Likes

I’m hoping that too @Ishrion.

1 Like

But you never know…

1 Like

To right you are. It was quite small. No harm done, but I was a bit uncomfortable

2 Likes

Yikes! What aircraft was this on? @Ondrej

There we were on approach into the airport and as we are descending below from what I could tell was 5 thousand feet suddenly the plane just felt like it was literally falling from the sky, lots of people screamed and then it happened again and well people screamed again, finally we came in for a hardish landing.

7 Likes

Wow… what airline and aircraft?

1 Like

Virgin Australia, Boeing 737-800.

Oh they have a pretty good record though right?

1 Like

Yeah a very good record.

Below is a website with the incidents they have had.

https://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/airline/virgin-australia

1 Like

When you’re on a B747 from Tokyo-Auckland and right after takeoff the plane drops from the sky.

1 Like

Holy cow… usually when I’m on larger planes there’s little to know turbulence.

I was half expecting the link to be a blank page. 😂

1 Like

Jesus. When I was like 9 I was on a plane from Minneapolis to San Francisco, alone. It was a super late flight, took off after sunset, that’s all I can remember. It was 24 degrees at the airport and because of the recent storm I was stuck at the airport for 2 days. So this was my flight home finally, I can’t seem to sleep on planes but everyone else did. Not even 30 minutes after take off, we were told were heading back. I really had no clue what’s going on. Because I was alone I was taken into this big room, for kids traveling alone. Since I was spending another night at the airport. Before I fell asleep I could hear flight attendants in the break room saying something about “de ice” and “wing” and “failed”. That’s all I can remember. I had no idea what any of that meant as a kid. But growing up and eventually understanding it. What’s scary to me is how I had no freaking clue. Also makes me think about the pilots, and if it gave them a scare and if they still think about it today or whatever. I could only imagine the stress in a climate like that, where near ground level is still freezing :/.

8 Likes

water drops from the second floor to the first floor in a cathay 747 (sadly it retired🤦‍♂️)
Flight attendant said it was poo water😮😳

3 Likes

🤮 oh god 🤢

3 Likes

😯😦 (filler)

1 Like