What was your hardest flight you have flown in Infinite Flight?

Just a fun question for everyone… What was your hardest flight you’ve ever flown in Infinite Flight? Mine was a few days ago, when I tried to do a flight from KPSP to KLAX on Training Server 1 while in a moving car. The takeoff and landing was a nightmare!

7 Likes

Mine’s probably flying a spitfire from KLAX to KNUC in a moving car going over 110k/ph with bumps all over the road, and without autopilot. (SOLO, because I had no WiFi in the outback of Australia)

5 Likes

My hardest flight is probably when I was using a 3D headset to fly in IF, acting as if it was a VR headset

5 Likes

When I was landing in 0.38km visibility with a dash 8. I got a bit too confident that I’d land 1st time and actually emerged from the fog about 50ft above the taxiway… Went around 😂

5 Likes

100 meter visibility at KASE. It wasn’t me flying, I was controlling and watching people crashing into the ridge right in front of the runway 😂

9 Likes

110 knots in the Caribbean in a 172. Full throttle was necessary to go forward at 5 knots.

Or maybe 0M visibility at KAVX? Flying VFR with NO HUD, all I had was DME and alt MSL. Was simulating fuel and didn’t have enough to make it back (because I’m an idiot). Had to do 5-6 attempts but eventually managed it. No idea how

3 Likes

My hardest landing is when its almost touch the runway but my wifi connection is down

2 Likes

My first ever approach to WMBT it was in a 737 and I lined up like I wold normally do and continued because I had too much trust in my localiser and glide slope… needless to say I ended up crashing.

2 Likes

it wasnt really a “flight” since i couldnt start one xD it was like 2years ago at kase in denver.the crosswind was like 40-50knots, i barely pull back the yoke of my ERJ175 and i got blasted off the runway immediately. ive tried it twice but i was too ashamed to try for the third time …but then again i didnt really know how to use the rudder back then :)

4 Likes

A few weeks ago, trying to fly while working my customer service job. Can’t tell you how many times I had to go around because of customers coming in. Let’s just say if this was global, I would have run out of fuel.

2 Likes

Yes - I remember that flight challenge. I had to go around twice before landing. That was certainly the most difficult landing I have ever attempted - I just about managed to stay on the runway. I seem to remember Tyler Shelton doing it first time and uploading a video of it

2 Likes

Heathrow - Birmingham during turbulence on a plane (solo)

1 Like

Nevertheless… it was fun! i dont think we were the only ones who had problems 🙂

2 Likes

A few days ago on expert, I tried flagging a post on the forum while landing an F22 with crosswinds. Since the F22 doesn’t have autopilot, i was landing it manually. I’d say it was one of my hardest flights ever.

3 Likes

#priorities
Lol any flight out of TS! would be mine.

2 Likes

KDEN in a 777-300 with 10ft visibility, at night and 40kt direct crosswind

2 Likes

Once my friend flew me in a Cessna around Sydney. It was a pretty windy day and I was stupid enough to even think I could renact the flight on IF Live training server. I did but. Only just😂

1 Like

About a year ago i was flying for one my very first times and i was flying on live. I was in a tui 737 and was flying from KLAX to KSAN with perfect weather. Since it was one of my very first flights i was pretty dumb. I sent in a message to atc requesting landing clearance and they cleared me to land, then not knowing how high i was and how close to the airport i was i was dumb and nose dived trying to make it to the runway and crashed in front of about 10 people holding short. :)

1 Like

Wow! Your data bundle with your mobile provider must be huge!

I made a sport to try to land the C130 on the shortest possible runway. If I remember well, the shortest runway I landed on was 1250 feet. My front wheel was in the fields ;-)

One time we had a hurricane at St Maarten. The storm caught us by surprise and the airport was ‘open’. At shirt final with my 777-200 I had 110 knots headwind, and I was struggling to get closer to the runway. I did make it and landed, but smashed my landing gear. Crazy. Next time, I’ll divert…

2 Likes

110 knots headwind? Wow that’s strong.

2 Likes