What was your greatest IF moment of 2020?

Hello IFC,

As 2020 comes to a close, we look forward to a better year in 2021. With the COVID vaccine being rolled out across the world the end is in sight, but we have to stick with it for the next little while. Unfortunately for all of us avgeeks and aviation lovers restrictions have taken away what we love the most. We cannot travel anymore which means no flying. But as I said earlier, soon we will be able to do everything that we love the most again.

Since lockdown has started most of us have found something new that we like or have become more skilled at something. I have done both things, I found the IFC in March and I immediately loved it. The atmosphere was brilliant and it was a place where I could talk about aviation freely. I also found Virtual Airlines and I joined a few. I think that since lockdown has started, I have improved my flying ability through leaps and bounds. Since we all have had the time we definitely got bored at some point but for me IF was the perfect cure for the boredom. For that I would love to thank all of the Infinite Flight team and everyone who has helped me along during this tough time.

Now that school is finished for Christmas pretty much everywhere but Ireland😫, I was thinking over this weekend about what I have achieved in school and elsewhere this year. That gave me the idea to make a topic about your best moments in Infinite Flight in the year 2020. Mine was definitely when 20.1 was released because I had never felt more excited for a release of anything in my life and the buzz around the IFC and VAs was electric. When it was eventually released, it was everything I hoped it would be and more. So what was your best IF moment of 2020?

Thank You and Merry Christmas!🎄

9 Likes

The best moment of IF in this year so far is probably when AYVA got approved @Hardlanding_Hussain @GBKarp 😆

3 Likes

Hands down getting accepted into IFAE, such a fantastic group of people and I am so so grateful!

1 Like

Mine is Joining 3 Amazing VAs AFLV VAV and SWVA
Thx to the @Safeguarding and @IFVARB team

1 Like

Engaging and connecting more with the community. It’s allowed me to achieve so many great and new things.

4 Likes

Achieving Grade 5, MHVA (and OWVA) being approved, getting into IFATC and becoming a Officer & Tester months later, engaging with the community and so much more!

1 Like

3K flight hours. :)

1 Like

Unusual one, but getting my first ghost. Really made me step up my game.

2 Likes

Joining the IFC 100%

3 Likes

Gotta agree with you on that one!

2 Likes

Ooooh I actually have another good moment. Getting accepted into the @IFVARB process for WFVA (Wideroe Virtual) so thank you

1 Like

I think my favorite moment was when I got to grade 4 earlier this year. I felt a sense of accomplishment so that’s nice.

2 Likes

I have learnt some graphic design and learnt infinite flight more and playing it more professional .

1 Like

Reaching 300H Flight time and Grade 4😃

1 Like

Flying big events with the IFGA squad, getting one of my movies noticed by the Infinite Flight team and meeting new pilots!

1 Like

Joining IFC (it was literally on 1st January) but I’m so glad I discovered that awesome game and awesome Community!!

1 Like

Ever since I first started using the IF pro subscription back when global first released all I ever did was basically flights to and from the most obvious places eg: EGLL, KLAX, KJFK etc.

But 2020 was the year I finally started to do some GA flying in smaller planes and explore the more remote and less known parts of the world and it is now my favourite thing to do in IF.

I visited some fantastic places which a couple of years ago I never knew even existed or would have thought to go to. I went to the deep south of Chile and Argentina, I went to loads of remote islands which have names I can’t even pronounce properly and created a lot of great memories from these flights, and definitely added afew extra places to the list of places I want to visit one day!

I think if I had to pick one specific moment I’d say exploring the Falklands and the deep south of South America was probably my greatest moment this year in IF just because of how amazing the scenery was and also because it was the flight where I really fell in love with turboprop planes and the TBM930.

1 Like

When I got to Grade 3, and after that Grade 4, when I joined LYVA, when I joined the IFAET, and hopefully still this year when I become IFATC, but most importantly, when AYVA got approved.

The people that helped me with those things are:

@Zachary (LYVA’s CEO)
@If.Murcia (Got me back into IF and helped me get Grade 3)
@Flying_Pencil (My recruiter)
@tunamkol (Who invited me to AYVA)
@Hardlanding_Hussain (AYVA’s former CEO)
@Moritz (The person who accepted me in the IFAET)

4 Likes

Making North American Pilots Club a real VO. There are many other things I’m proud of, like getting better at hand-flying planes or creating my first event, but the thing I’m most proud of is NAPC. It was a long but fun journey bringing NAPC to fruition, and I’m glad I stayed on board to see it happen. It was amazing when I first heard the news that we were approved, I felt like I was over the world at the time, and I’m so proud to this day to be part of NAPC.

2 Likes
  1. Having a 757 rework
  2. And meeting this one @CaptainLeo1 I suppose lol😂
2 Likes