What was your first planespotting pic?

One of my first spotting pictures from back when I was living in Frankfurt, Germany! God it feels like its been forever since I started planespotting and living there! In the picture is the Wingtip of a newly painted (remember this was 2012 so the UAL-COA merger was just 2 years old) Boeing 777-200ER flying from EDDF-KORD as UAL945! The departing plane is a Lufthansa 737-500 and the one thats poking out is a Lufthansa A321 thats a No-namer!Feel free to share your pictures down below in the comments!

13 Likes

This was in February 2015 in Chesterfield, MO. It’s a 737BBJ landing at KSUS Airport.

6 Likes

BA 747 on final for 04R at Boston.

9 Likes

Wait, first pic of a plane or first pic taken with a real camera?

1 Like

Of a plane lol can be either

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I took my very first plane spotting pics on the apron at Munich Airport and it even was a special livery ^^

10 Likes

Is that a froggy phone?

5 Likes

Air Force One VC-25 at Boston-Logan.

(taken with a potato circa 2010).

9 Likes

This one:
And just so all of the lawyers know, this is 100% my picture and it is not from another website or copyrighted:-)

Taken at Spokane International Airport .
See more here:

7 Likes

The first photo I ever took with a real camera. Not an interesting angle unfortuanetly, but this was where it all started.

6 Likes

Nascar Drivers were landing at Lewis University Airport, then driving to Chicagoland Speedway. I can’t remember who’s jet this was. Got to meet Tony Stewart’s crew.

3 Likes

This was my first from what i can tell. Delta landing at ATL

This you can see a plane on the top left ;) and taking off from the HNL reef runway

6 Likes

My first plane spotting adventure was in Infinite Flight

2 Likes

Taken when I went plane spotting in STL (which isn’t easy btw, but that’s a whole other topic). I believe this is United as Trans-States.

4 Likes

That’s cool that it’s on Flighy Aware now.

1 Like

don’t have the picture, but it was a Qantas 747-400ER landing at YSSY in November 2015

2 Likes

U

circa 2012 or 2013 I think… A380 over lax

4 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think this was my very first one. Little did I know, that 500+ spotting pictures would follow.

3 Likes

BA 747-436 G-BNLW on finals to Runway 09L at Heathrow

6 Likes

mine was this but I had a video of it landing before

4 Likes