What was your first flight on IF like?

100knots on short final with a 172 full flaps, no idea why i cant land it.

Push nose all the way down so i bounced. As with most new pilot, i kept it pitch down and it flipped over and crashed.

1 Like

My first flight was in a 747, i was such a nimrod i did not even know how to move it i could not find the throttle mover and then i found it and then i got hooked!

1 Like

I remember my first flight was on Solo. A Qatar A380. I knew how to kind of fly but I purposely stalled it.

1 Like

I flew on Solo. Qantas 747 from YSSY to YSCB. I think I killed all the passengers when I landed. I’m surprised I actually took off

4 Likes

Dang, alright. This was back before live, so maybe 3 years ago, before I knew anything about aviation. I flew the CRJ-200 (I think in Charlotte) and all I really remember is forgetting to decend and diving down to the airport.

8 Likes

I used autopilot to takeoff at about 300 knots with the older US Airways A321. I think it was in the SFO region. My landing was -1000 FPM I think.

3 Likes

It was a horrible experience for my first flight. Playground sever, C172, KRUQ ( my home airfield…literally right down the street from me ). Stalled on takeoff, crashed shortly after…about 500 yards off the the end of runway 20. However, I was so blown away with the app that I stayed with it and eventually learned what I was doing and made it to grade 5. Great conversation starter. I’m interested to hear about everyone else’s “first time”.

3 Likes

My first flight was with a 747 Lufthansa from I don’t remember to end flight.
I didn’t know how to retract gear. Lol

1 Like

My first flight was on July 2014 after my holiday from Paris. I downloaded infinite flight then got on the Malaysia Airlines A380 and flew around KLIA. Oh man the memories. Great topic man

1 Like

I had spawned into KLAX and was so overwhelmed with how much realism was around (yes this was when playground was somewhat decent). I had no clue about how to interact with ATC, how to use spoilers or trim or flaps
I remember when I took off for my very first time…well I got off the ground by like one hundred feet before banking hard right and crashing into the terminals. I had used full flaps, 100 trim, and spoilers armed. I know it was stupid but I had absolutely no clue how to handle anything. Man I miss those days tbh.
I then spawned into DEN after purchasing the region. I almost was brought to tears seeing my favorite airport in the world…right before me. And as I spawned in I saw a Frontier A318 taking off RWY 17R. It was magical almost.

8 Likes

All I remember was it was in the 737-700. I had some experience with flying because of X Plane 9. That was back when I used to start descenting from 30000 feer when I got the “You are one minute from your destination” message. I don’t think I landed…

2 Likes

I got IF relatively recently compared to most people, just under a year ago (?).

I’d played a lot of flight sims before getting it on PC and a few mobile ones, but I wanted to get one that I could do a quick flight every so often.

My first flight was pretty fine - I believe it was something like KLAX - KSAN in an A321. 🙂

1 Like

I don’t remember the airport or aircraft etc. But I do remember what I did. I always took off with full flaps, 100+% N1 and full load, even over the MTOW.

1 Like

Which mobile simulators have you used?

The best one I have used other than IF was the X-Plane 10 one. Sadly the regions where very small, but the cockpits a miles better. I often go with IF if I want to fly a route, but with X-Plane 10 for the eye candy 🙂

1 Like

You are right. I used RORTOS simulators a lot before deciding to purchase IF

It was a fun game, but not realistic in any sense.

1 Like

Which? X plane 10???

No, Rotos. Extreme Landings.

1 Like

I remember flying the C172 in KSFO. I really liked the details put into it. I did some patternwork, learnt some things and started enjoying the blue skies!

1 Like