What was your first experience with Infiniteflight?

Here we all are, in this community, soaring the skies, 24/7.

Every journey has a beginning, and this journey is a flight we’re all on.

Close your eyes, and think back to the first time you laid eyes on Infiniteflight, did you ever think you’d be in the position you are in today with this simulator?

Whether you’re IFATC, CEO, IFAET, or a passionate pilot soaring the skies, it begs the question.

How did your journey begin with Infiniteflight?

9 Likes

It started with me installing the game

4 Likes

Just found it on the App Store and since I liked planes (still do) I downloaded it. Didn’t get pro until 2018

3 Likes

no way, impossible

jokes aside, share your first flight experience, how has the simulator help/shaped you?

2 Likes

cool, I remember going through a ton of knockoff-ad full-no physics flight sims before I found Infiniteflight

3 Likes

same here.

I watched Top 10 flight sims for mobile on YouTube… fast forward 5 years 👀

2 Likes

I remember wanting a flight simulator, comparing X Plane, FSX, etc. And then I found Infinite Flight, took a look at the trailer (2017 trailer), and instantly knew I wanted it. I only got 1 month of pro, and then had non pro for a while, then just now I got pro again.

1 Like

When recalling the first day that I installed the IF, in 2017, the feeling was that of a child who receives a Christmas gift that I longed for, I remember that I didn’t even know how to open the application, without any notion about aviation and I flew without any certainty of anything, a fact that has given me a horrible history of violations as an inheritance. The years will pass and today I have the same feeling waiting for the next update.

2 Likes

The first thing I remember is flying in Multiplayer but in regions. I flew in California from this crazy popular island in that region to some big airport (maybe LAX?). I flew without AP all the way because I didn’t know how it worked and landed so hard, that my front landing gear got stuck in the runway. In the end I got ghosted for staying too long on the runway

2 Likes

you mean KNUC

No idea… I believe it was in the South East of that region

Me? Interesting story.
I started off with those low-quality airplane games (not real Sims, like IF) for quite a while. I knew they were unrealistic, so I sought for a better experience…
Then I found X Plane Mobile. It wasn’t very bad, but still not up to standard. Then I discovered Infinite Flight. It was the experience I was looking for, and of course I got Pro. Best flight simulator ever. However I stopped playing for a while in 2020, then started again in June, right when the 777-200 rework came out. Better than ever. Then came 20.2 and 20.3, and of course, the 10th anniversary of IF. I am delighted to be a part of this special occasion, and I will remain in the skies of Infinite Flight - for at the very least the 3 or 4 years to come.

2 Likes

I got Infinite Flight 2 years ago when I stumbled upon one of @PocketRishi’s videos on youtube (I remember the video as well! It was VOHS to OEJN on AI’s B747)
I was amazed by the graphics, scenery, and the aircraft offered by Infinite Flight and almost bought it immediately, with a pro sub just a few months later.

Really enjoy the sim and the community even today :)

5 Likes

Honestly, I hated it when it wanted to charge me $75 a year. Yet I don’t have a better choice on a smartphone.

3 Likes

Back in early 2017 I wanted a better flight sim than XP for my iPad. That’s when I found IF and here I am today 👋

3 Likes

I looked in early 2014 on the App Store for a Flight Sim, I played a few other flight sim on mobile before but not realistic ones, than I found infinite flight in spring 2014 and I bought it, I started to play the solo mode and I don’t know anything then I bought Online for one month in the end of 2014 and I played the game until then more serious and improved my flying everyday more. 🛫

1 Like

I was introduced to Infinite Flight back in 2014, on an Instagram chat by a New Yorker I met off a driving simulator and chatted with regularly for years, he was called Max.

He showed me a video of him departing out from the Gran Canyon in a low quality Southwest 737. My first response was ‘Ew that looks terrible’… Well that was before I played it… And I guess look where I am now lmao

5 Likes

It all started when i got into aviation back in early 2020; I had got into RFS because of how cheap it was and because how bad my computer is. It really was what got me into aviation. I got into their community, and fun fact, I used to hate IF. I used to always just look at the toxic part of the community which is barely 1%.
Then my friends @Nee and @PocketRishi Got me to try IF; I loved it and it just goes on from there; I got pro and its now my main. Never wouldve thought id get IFATC let alone play IF.

My first flight with Pro was with Nee on the Training server (I had done some dumb fighter stuff till i got grade 2). I believe it was KDFW to KDEN? Not really sure tbh. Eitherway, I knew nothing back then, didnt know how to use vnav, cruise, appr, flight plan, atc, etc. So thank you @Nee I really appreciate your help, I wouldn’t have been able to be a good pilot without you :D

4 Likes

Stumbled upon the app in December 2012 for 2.99, first paid app I bought on the App Store, did a few flights and crashed but then got the hang of it around 2014

1 Like