What was your biggest mistake on IF?

What mistake was the worst you ever done? For me, I accidentally tried the space glitch in TS, and that didn’t go so well.

7 Likes

Forgotting to ask for clearance to land in an active airport. Man, my grade dropped that day.

11 Likes

Forgetting to put the gear down on Expert . . .

23 Likes

I also went to KHEF to practice takeoffs in a C208 and spawned at the hold short line. I thought I was on solo, but I was on Expert and didn’t announce anything. I only realized it was Expert once I saw the lack of a replay button when I tried to replay my takeoff. I was lucky to not get ghosted that moment

3 Likes

The Worst mistake I Have ever done was when I was flying a B787 at FL 35000 Feet and I accidentally touched the A/P Button and then I Fall Down To FL 25000 Feet. This was the Worst mistake I have ever done in Infinite Flight.😋

8 Likes

May or may not have taken off after being told to line up and wait… I was on the phone at the same time so thought he cleared me for t/o… Dropped two bloody grades 😂😂

4 Likes

When I had connection issues I ended up interfering with approach on expert. I didn’t get ghosted since I exited. The issue was my WiFi suddenly cut out creating the issue with transferring from approach to tower.

1 Like

Landing without flaps in a Boeing 777-300ER!

Came in at 190kts, slammed down on the runway, bursting 2 out of 6 tires on the left gear which also completely fell off, flying backwards. Now the left wing scraping up along the runway, starting a fire with flames bigger than 8 stories high apartments, and then… wait, none of these features exists… 🤨

Apart from my wild imagination, I did land once without flaps, only to come to a halt, at the end of the runway.

13 Likes

When I first started I had autopilot on while taking off. I didn’t calibrate so I would pitch up rapidly at 100 knots and stall. After that disaster I didn’t use autopilot taking off until I reached 1,000 feet.

When I first started like many years ago and had no idea what ghosting was or how to work the system !

Had an ultra long-haul flight going whilst working from home but got so into what I was doing that I completely forgot I had flight in progress. When I remembered before going to bed, I rushed over to my tablet to find myself way past my destination, the ATC button flashing and close to no fuel. I just ended the flight there and then, but luckily it was on TS.

Crash in front of many people and some who happened to be moderators. It looked like i was about to do the smoothest 737 landing in the world, then I sneezed and went straight down to the ground. It happened during a flash flight.

7 Likes

That’s an Oof rofl.

Mine was when I almost landed on the wrong runway in Expert. @Trio knows 😉

5 Likes

Well, one time i was flying a 737 from LAX to SFO. I left my device when i reached cruising altitude. Then i came back about 10 minutes later to find me in a nosedive with autopilot still on.

I’ll tell you two

The first one I was at the expert server, taxiing to the runway, I accidentally taxiied to the wrong runway and asks for takeoff, I didn’t realize I was on the wrong runway until I checked the map to see if there were planes inbound, I felt quite embarrassed after that, but the controller @Brad was fine after that.

Second mistake was when I was flying to Copenhagen, I had enough fuel I calculated but it wasn’t enough fuel even I had enough, so I had about 100kg while on final approach in a A320, I did manage to land, although I think they had to fix the nose gear, and some people were rushed to the hospital so it was fine (at least I didn’t crash killing everyone)

And remember
At both times I was on the expert server

1 Like

Let’s make it three
I was on @Brad s event at Tampa, my second to last flight online since my live ran out, I was flying to ENGM (Oslo), I was set to arrive at 0330 my time, so I put an alarm at 3 o’clock, I wake up by my alarm at 0615 (when I uasally get out of bed) finding out my alarm didn’t work and was overflying Greenland with 4% fuel, I just ended the flight since I didnt have time to land before I left home

1 Like

Could we get some feedback from the legend @Brad ? (Sorry for tagging you so much) (please don’t be mad)

1 Like

What i did was try to contact approach and i couldnt get a responce once tuned. I requested an approach 3-4 times 1 min apart from one another and then i got ghosted for spamming.
So i guess dont talk to atc if they cant answer…idunno.
First ghost in my life at grade 5 so got banned from expert server for a week…really sad.

On TS I turned off both my engines at 36,000 ft. I recovered and finished the flight though

1 Like

I tried to swipe the rudder fully to the right and left and got immediately zero airspeed on expert below 10,000.

We’ll be right back.

1 Like