What was your Best or Worst experience on a plane

What was your best or worst experience on a plane?

I was flying back home in Lufthansa from Frankfurt to San Francisco (coming back from Delhi), and I asked for vegetarian food for lunch, since I had slept and wasn’t given food. The air hostess said she had given me vegetarian food, but when I ate it, it tasted bad. I asked them again what it was, and they said salmon. What a lie…

My best experience probably is the Air India from DEL-SFO. The food (no idea how) was actually good, and I enjoyed the flight.

10 Likes

Getting forced off

5 Likes

Flying on United from Los Angeles to Orlando. The lounge used paper plates and plastic cups and utensils. The hot food was cold, and some of the fruits turned bad. On the plane, the seat was dirty as if they didn’t even clean it. The window shades and the window glass were dirty as well. In the bathroom, the tap was broken, and it splashed water everywhere. Not a good impression for a person flying United transcontinentally for the first time.

7 Likes

Best: Usually getting first class on my flights to KOKC
Worst: On my flight to KMIA we had really bad turbulence pretty much the whole way, i didn’t feel good the whole three and a half hours lol

4 Likes

Yikes! That’s definitely not acceptable

5 Likes

Best experience was getting upgraded onto business class for an 8hr red-eye flight. Flew on QF, crew was very kind and helpful although I only managed to get three hours of sleep, the business class seat is wide as hell and lie flat makes all the difference. One thing I’ll say however is that I wish the flight was longer.

4 Likes

the best experience I had was with Lufthansa from Frankfurt to Warsaw in economy class and the flight was great with the friendly crew and the food was tasty plus I appreciated the punctuality even if the flight was complete and the Frankfurt airport was saturated as usual.

3 Likes

Going into severe turbulence, and ACTUALLY 🤮
during it - worst

Best - getting plane models during the flight (I had 5 of them when i was a kid, 3 a320s, 1 747s, 1 737s), watching movies and listening to music

3 Likes

do you intend to take back lufthansa despite your bad experience?

2 Likes

Probably, because I actually think it was as good as Emirates economy to me. This leg was the worst one.

2 Likes

My worse exp quiet simple: I don’t get window seat on day flight . 😤

6 Likes

my worst flight experience I had was with air canada rouge in summer 2018 from Montreal to Barcelona in economy class.
the flight was not so disappointing because the crew was friendly and the meal tasty but air canada rouge should better invest in their cabin because it lacks ife and you must have a mobile device or a tablet to watch movies and the second choice was to rent an ipad for $ 10 Canadian and the most disappointing was the breakfast because you just have a slice of banana bread and an orange juice which was enough.

2 Likes

My best experience, I typically fly alone and so its VIP status!

3 Likes

My best experience was definitely being able to visit the cockpit from an A319 from Delta.

However, I wasn’t really into aviation back then, so I didn’t care that much. Oh boy, if this happens this year on in the future, I would be soo happy.
Unfortunately, I’m a bit older now, so I don’t think the pilot will let me in…

3 Likes

Once I was flying Ryanair from my hometown Bristol to Tenerife. Got a call the day before whilst shopping that the flight had been cancelled, it’s almost as if they told us it got cancelled, no reason and hung up. So we had to fly from East Midlands instead which was a 2 and a half hour drive, but we got there alright and it was a nice airport. Best experience was Singapore Airlines from LHR to Sydney via Singapore, Crew were lovely, although one tried to wake me up from a much needed sleep quite rudely to tell me the meal was ready, but my mum stepped in lol. Thanks SQ for the best experience, but no thank you Ryanair for you crappy last-minute cancellations.

2 Likes

Best experience would probably be when I got upgraded to first class from business class last minute at the gate for free when I flew from VTBS-OMDB back when Thai Airways just got their first few A380-800 and used it on that route.

2 Likes

Had quite a few upgrades flying BA long haul over the last few years.

But best unexpected was Norwegian 738 MAN-TFS… 12 people onboard.

Worst experience… I was needed urgently in Dubai and was booked EGNS-EGLC transfer to Heathrow and then EGLL-OMDB. London City leg got cancelled, so a Mustang jet was flown in from Bournemouth to take me to Farnborough for the onward via Heathrow… Mustang landed in EGNS… aileron problem, grounded. Ended up arriving in Dubai 18hrs behind schedule. Wasnt meant to be that day…

2 Likes

Yikes! 18 hours behind? Quite a bad experience. Which airline was it?

1 Like

EGNS-EGLC canx was BA.

Mustang was G-KLNW - look back to 25th Nov this year… didnt move from the IOM for a few days.

2 Likes

Best experience: Flying Business Class.☺️

2 Likes