What was your best IF moment?

I’ve had a couple of fuel issues, and that’s probably the only time where it’s the best!

One of the best moments that I can remember off the top of my head was when there was no visibility at EHAM. It got so bad at one point I had to stop on the taxiway due to not being able to see the lines. Made it out safely once the fog cleared up and got to see the sunrise.

Another time I had planned a flight from Seoul to Atlanta overnight but when I woke up had an hour left of fuel left and had only finished crossing the pacific. But was able to make it to SFO in time for the sunrise as well.

1 Like

I believe this was about 6-7 months ago, but I was going to the best airport in the world, MCO, and there was fog until about 225 feet, and when I was with tower I was hearing that people were going around. I had to go around once, but managed to land safely.

1 Like

Two memories stand out to me:

-My first day back after years when I discovered the new global servers
-When I got the message I passed and was a member of IFATC and saw that I had the ability to control on the expert server.

1 Like

Lol spawned into an airport in the rainforest about 2000 feet above the rest of the terrain it was a very funny glitch

This was my best moment😂😂

I was doing a long haul from Heathrow to JFK. The whole way through the flight there was a Virgin Atlantic B787 beside me. He wasn’t right beside me, he was a good distance away from me, but I could still see him. It was so cool

Probably my first global flight

It was simply thrilling

Simulating the ferry flight of HB-JCS (SWISS A220) from Montreal-Mirabel to Zurich.

Simply an amazing feeling to bring an aircraft home! (even though it was just simulated)

Haha, my first global flight I was disappointed. I thought that you were gonna be able to speed the flight up or something.

1 Like

Flying from CYVR-CYYC with 2 other people. There was no communication beforehand about a group flight.

This also happened flying from CYVR-KLAX (twice)

And, on my old account, I flew from KIAH-WSSS. The best part was actually finding out that I didn’t have enough fuel and refueling at KSEA.

1 Like

I ran out of fuel in an A380 and landed at the tiniest GA airport. I actually managed to slow down and manage my speed enough to go and park on the ramp. 😅

2 Likes

IF gives us the possibility to experience so many great things, whether ATC, other aircrafts or just our beautiful planet.

Definitely a while back; FNF in the UK, flew in from HKG, and landed in LHR, loads of traffic, long line of planes waiting to Take Off, ATC was amazing, and the weather were just like the UK weather is, foggy. Amazing.

1 Like

omg I thought the exact same!

That would be a good feature if you don’t want to wait around for you to be able to land :P

When I realized that I could change the V/S of my autopilot… I though you can’t change it from -250 lol
I was so relieved when I found out…

1 Like

Yeah but then you would have people zooming around the world lol

@CollinFlys o ye loll

My best IF moment was when I passed the ATC radar test.

2 Likes

For me would have to be my 1st Global flight. A close second would be when I became grade 5.

2 Likes