What was your best flight?

Here you can post you’re best flights and why you think it was awesome.

Mine was a flight from Geneva to Brittany. It was amazing, because as we were taxing to runway 05 the captain announced that there was the breitling jet team was taking off to our right. I looked out the window and saw them taking off in formation. Then we took of, and as we were passing over my house, I could see the team doing their formations. The captain then turned and passed again over my house and I was in heaven seeing the trails of all the planes. That was one of the best surprises I think I could have gotten on a plane. Why pay for an airshow when you can see one from the sky…?
That was particularly nice as I was going on holiday.

what was yours?

12 Likes

Nice topic! This is going to become interesting! I fly Southwest Airlines tomorrow…hoping to score a good boarding position…if I do it will for sure be a great flight in my opinion.

2 Likes

Flying Virgin Atlantic in 2 days! What a great airline the last time we flew with them the service was great and everything else was great

2 Likes

You are flying Virgin Atlantic?? Lucky! Send pics! Where you sitting? LAX-LHR?

1 Like

Yeah LAX-LHR in Premium Economy!

Don’t you think thats a bit similar to this???

1 Like

I asked a mod it’s approved…

niiiiiiiccccceeeee!!!

Must be a good load of money but hey, can’t go wrong with premium economy, especially on Virgin Atlantic! I will try and track you if I can…when I flew to Ireland from LAX, my A332 was parked right next to a Virgin Atlantic 787 bound for LHR and let me just say that it looked massive compared to the usual aircraft I fly on! ;)

2 Likes

If thats the case, then no worries

1 Like

The price was actually $4,000!

2 Likes

Wow! Was that per person? Anyways, have fun! Lets chat about this in PM from now on…

2 Likes

My best flight is nothing compared to some but it was a Jet2 flight to LPFR from EGNM in a 757-200. It was only my best flight because it was the first time I understood anything to do with aviation. Before I thought a 757-200 was an A330.

1 Like

B789 ANZ

NZAA-YSSY. Here’s my review

3 Likes

United’s 747 lsast flight from EDDF-KSFO 😭😭😭😭

3 Likes

My best flight was in a LH Boeing 747-8, from Frankfurt to New York JFK this summer. Boarding the aircraft is already an awesome experience taxi and takeoff were just sunning lifting off into the german summer evening, with a scenic departure route on a low altitude. The Atmosphere in the cabin was perfectly casual, pasta was great as always, Crossing the northern Atlantic was smooth and passed by pretty quickly, followed by some beautiful views of Canada and New England. Approaching JFK some clouds appeared. As we were passing south of Long Island I was just sitting there hoping for a Canarsie Approach and my on wish became Reality as I saw our 747 descending to a very low altitude reducing the speed turning towards Canarsie Pier. That feeling is just incredible. That heavy 747-8 at low altitude but still that reactive. The landing was super smooth (als always) and as we were taxiing to the gate I had the chance to see the skyline of Manhattan in the sunset. When we arrived on stand I also had the chance to check out the flight deck with the opportunity to have a brief chat with the captain. Definitely an experience I´ll never forget, xD

2 Likes

For me it would have to be a 40 minute flight! Me and my mom flew IND-DTW for a connection and I started talking to the FA’s about me liking planes and such. When we reached cruise the FA’s offered us first class service with blankets and everything else when we had booked a basic economy fare! But by far the coolest part is when we were on downwind for DTW. One of the FA’s gave me a hand written note from the crew thanking me for flying delta and wishing me the best of luck on becoming a pilot, DL 3906 was a blast!

Blankets on a 40 minute flight! Pretty strange…

I liked KSFO-YSSY, nice arrival over the water. KDEN or KORD - KSAN is a nice one. Gotta love San Diego, bright and sunny always. I quite liked KATL-FAOR. It’s got a nice arrival as well, nothing too unusual but different from anything I’d ever seen. Let’s see… KORD TO RJAA was nice with the arrival and a great time holding short in front of a Japan Airlines 773 operating literally the same route, as well as a 744F.

I know right! I think they might have just been stored but they pulled them out from the overhead bins and gave us them!

1 Like

Probably PER-SIN onboard a QF 738.