What was the longest time you got vectored

Quit WSSS heading to EGCC, thought the traffic wasn’t heavy there. Oh boy, I was wrong. Literally got vectored for 1h. It was supposed to be a 12h long flight but it ended up being a 13h flight 😆

2 Likes

Hmmmm… probably a time where I’ve been vectored for nearly an hour in Manchester and St. Maarten. I had to hold over Sion for nearly an hour straight. Can’t be right,

2 Likes

Probably today is for most of us.

3 Likes

Haha, I think EGCC is one of the places with the longest vector times, this was my approach some months ago.

3 Likes

I got held over Glasgow for about 45 minutes.

3 Likes

I feel you 😢

I think we can all agree on that

Definitely

Coming into JFK on a FNF, hit CAMRN and then shortly thereafter got sent on like a 080 heading, wound up just about to Montauk before getting swung around and having to request vectors twice. Thank goodness @Chris_Hoover was on Final Vector that night. Chris had me on the base leg and I was still at 250kt and I wound up needing to drop boards out, flaps out-pretty much everything all at once (in sequence of course) to make the intercept-but I made it.

I believe Hoover’s exact words in slack were:

“My god Rosko that intercept 😍”

4 Likes

Anybody remember when Gatwick was feature a little while back? I flew in from Africa and was vectored for about 30 minutes. Then the game crashed on final… so I spawned in at EHAM and flew back towards EGKK I was vectored for about an hour then came into land.

1 Like

Mine is probably now in Manchester

1 Like

The FNF Tel Aviv Visual a few months ago is my answer to this question. I was vectored for way over an hour on my way to LLBG that day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.