What was I reported for?

Trying to understand why a message popped up when I touched down saying I had been reported by 4 users resulting in a down grade.
Checked in with Zagreb approach, vectored downwind and instructed to descend, followed instruction, then contacted by ATC that I was in active airspace and should contact Zagreb Approach! ATC then went off air, so completed approach to land under Unicom with position reports

1 Like

User report ghosts were disabled when global released…?

Those pictures have nothing about a ghost on them.

Users appear to have reported him. I don’t see why.

1 Like

Not ghosted, reported resulting in downgrade (1 in last 24hrs)

1 Like

A report is the same as a ghost.

User report ghosts were disabled when global released due to previous abuse of the feature.

Maybe the approach controller you were tuned to ghosted you. If you know who was controlling, PM him/her.

1 Like

Message saying for users had reported me - why?

1 Like

@MishaCamp seeing you were there, maybe you can clear this up

3 Likes

Ah yes. That would make sense.

You really shouldnt be announcing ever position unless you are in the pattern. You may report you are on final as a heads up but you shouldnt be giving every position like you were because you werent doing pattern work. That may have been the issue right there.

3 Likes

That really doesn’t constitute cause for downgrade, does it?

It could be considered spamming, that’s if the airspace was busy.

1 Like

No it is just a tip since @MishaCamp was there he probably reported you.

Downwind, base & final position reports seems pretty sensible to me considering all the other tfc around. First base call was in error as realised I was cutting in. Would appreciate if a mod would review and consider overturning downgrade.

Spamming??? What do you mean?

Like I said it would have been sensible if you were in the pattern. Those are pattern position reports not inbound flight position reports. You were an inbound flight

2 Likes

I agree with you on this

Still good airmanship though ;-)

No as even constantly doing that in real life as an inbound would get you shouted at over Unicom or ATC by other pilots. There are videos of it where pilots call out other pilots for jamming a frequency with unnecessary ATC calls. With that lets just wait for what @MishaCamp has to say from his side of the incident.

1 Like

4 calls is hardly jamming. Plenty of other users checking in and reporting

1 Like

Hi, according to this tutorial (Communication with ATC and Unicom diagram) when on a Unicom frequency, inbound for landing, you are supposed to give positions (downwind, base, final) after declaring you’re inbound.

2 Likes