What was a Travel Service Airlines (TSA) 737 doing in Milwaukee?

My friend recently came back from a golf trip in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and he told me that while he was at the airport, he saw an airline at a gate that he had never seen before: TSA. We looked up the airline, and found that it was a Czech charter airline, but did not, and has never operated to the US- let alone Milwaukee. Does anyone have any idea on what this plane was doing there?
Thanks for the input

Maybe a delivery flight?

The plane was probably doing a lease for a US airline would be my guess Sun Country Airlines. There a few 737s that are painted in foreign airlines that operate for sun country

2 Likes

When was this? I am in MKE

It was a couple weeks ago

Don’t they use Transavia planes though?

Is there a picture of what it looks like?

He didn’t get one himself, but here’s one:

1 Like

That is travel services aircraft! They do charter flights for Apple vacations from MKE to various warm destinations like Cancun, Montego Bay, etc.

1 Like

They also serve Rockford Illinois as well

2 Likes

But why are they based in the Czech Republic?

Also, why does their Wikipedia page say they have no destinations in the Americas

Wikipedia lies because their in America 😂

2 Likes

Because travel service is a charter airline and it’s based in Czech Republic, but the planes are leased to other airlines and they keep the colors

1 Like

Lmao 😂

Yah they do. Was just thinking maybe this could be one of them as well

2 Likes

Travel Service is a Czech airline. They just charter in the US. Norwiegen airlines did the same thing last year for MKE

From research, I have found that there were 4 Travel Service 737-800s were operating out of MKE from a few days before Christmas to about a week ago. These planes were operating for Swift Air, a Phoenix AZ based company who operate charter and holiday flights out of the USA.

The registrations of the aircraft were:
OK-TVR
OK-TVV
OK-TVT
OK-TVS.

All have been returned to Travel Service and are now operating for other airlines.

Fun Fact: The parent company of Travel Service is the Icelandair group, who also own Bluebird Nordic and SmartLynx Airlines.

1 Like

I wonder that every time I am there. That is my home international airport and I see it quite often

Also Wikipedia pages can be made by random people

2 Likes