What to do if you don't have much time

I just want hear what you do If you don’t have much time like 10 min and want to play infinite flight. Of course you don’t have time to do a “real” flight. I’m lookingforward to your ideas

2 Likes

I would say within those 10 minutes I could do a bit of pattern work, build up that XP 👍🏻

14 Likes

What @Nate_Schneller said. Pattern work.

3 Likes

Well, You could definetly do some very short flights in an airport dense region using a cessna. As @Nate_Schneller suggested, do some pattern work, although taxiing and taking off consumes about 3 minutes minimum out of Your 10.

You could just do touch & gos. I used to do loads of them with Cessna Citation X back in the day when there was no global in the Chicago region, so it’s definitely possible at this day and age.

3 Likes

Do what @Nate_Schneller does, patterns work but to increase my landing count so i can reach Grade 5 soon ;)

2 Likes

Thx for your replies!

3 Likes

If you choose a little airport you can start already on the runway. You can spare those 3 minutes :-)

2 Likes

Other then pattern work… Take out some of the GA aircraft for a spin! The C172, C208 and the SR22 are fine aircraft just to fly around in.

Have fun with it

3 Likes

If you use another device then I would suggest doing a long haul. Like 10 minutes can be used to prepare, takeoff and reach cruise and that’s it for the next 12 or so hours depending on the length of the route.

2 Likes

Yes!! Genius.
Use like a 787-9, since it has huge range. Leave Your phone overnight with LNAV set and flight plan in place and use the next day’s 10 minutes for landing (possibly) and refueling.

1 Like

my friend and I do this a couple of times a week

1 Like

You could go into solo and practice some landings or takeoffs. Get yourself more familiar with an aircraft.

2 Likes

I have done this and usually like to do it while I am at work. I start a FP and get to cruise, then about 7 hours later, I finish up the landing.

2 Likes

The citation or erj175 are king for cranking out patterns

2 Likes

Well, i do atc if i have 10 minutes… or do a long haul flight…

2 Likes

Well, what seems to be a popular choice is finding the busiest airport with 50 inbounds and taking off from right next door on a runway 5000 feet too short for the plane you’re flying and expect to be vectored straight to the cone, bypassing all the pilots who have been patiently waiting their turn.

That’s popular. Not advised.

[Oh, and make sure to check in with approach 15 times to assure them that, yes, you do expect to skip the line. They love that.]

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.