What Sparked your Love of Aviation?

I know some of us are pilots in real life, some maybe not and just here for the fun, so I’m asking

What sparked your fascination/love for aviation?

Mine is that it’s just unbelievable how hundreds of tonnes of weight can be brought into the sky simply by some engines and wings - amazing

not sure if this is a repeated topic, if so feel free to close it

-Alpha

2 Likes

The wing flex
The flaps
The gear on the Dash-8
The livery
The airport
The engine start-up sound
The landing
The takeoff
And of course…

Watching from the plane window up in the sky

3 Likes

I’ve been flying since I was born. However after my first international flight was really what kick started my love for flying and aviation.

1 Like

My uncle was a Pilot for the Navy in Vietnam and my dad was a Glider instructor, when I was extremely tiny back home the US Army brought a few Chinooks to our little town. I must of been a year old, thats where the start began, I have pictures of me in the Chinooks some where around my house.

2 Likes

My first flight was when I wasn’t even a month old, and it just stuck with me through the years. Every aspect of flying is fun to me, and I enjoy the journey just as much as (and sometimes more than) the destination. :)

1 Like

My dad and grandfather were into going to airshows as far back I can remember. My dad was in the Army so he got to see a bunch of cool fighter jets and what not first hand. This sorta rubbed off on me and I was obsessed with fighter aircraft and watched pretty much every dogfighting show on the history channel lol. As I got older I got more into sports and less into aviation but whenever I got to college something clicked and I got bit with the bug and now I think its here for good.

2 Likes

Really just traveling a lot from a little kid. Never really understood why, but it’s always been there. It doesn’t run in the family, it’s just me. Got yelled at by a kindergarten for not drawing or writing about something other than airplanes. My love of aviation fell off at around age 10. I then asked for an fought simulator to try to get back into it. I found IF. Started flying. Hurrah! But , I got a discovery flight at age 12. Loved it l, and ever since I’ve wanted to be a pilot.

tl;dr: Always loved it, especially loved it after discovery flight.

2 Likes

I was greatly interested in all sorts of different machines as a kid. Then, my parents got me an introductory flight in a Warrior for my birthday (I think 6 years ago) and I’ve been hooked ever since!

1 Like

Simple: A British Airways 747 butter the bread on a landing at KORD. I don’t know why but ever since then I’ve loved planes.

1 Like

Ever since I saw an airplane, I was fasciated by it. I remember my parents telling me I was a pilot for Halloween when I was 3 or 4 years old. On my 9th birthday we were in the keys, and I asked if I could go fly an airplane. If I couldn’t fly one I said I’d rather have textbooks on flying. My dad looked into it and there was a flight school 10ish minutes from where we were staying. He asked them and they said I could take a discovery flight. I did the discovery flight, and that feeling of being in control and lifting off of the ground was life changing. I’ve been flying ever since.

1 Like

A flight I was on that crashed and I survived. It happened on my birthday in 2013.
Southwest Flight 345

4 Likes

I feel like that would be the opposite.

Nope not at all, After it happened I wouldn’t stop researching how it happened and what not. I was already into aviation before the fact but after it sparked 100% Like jumpstarting a car.

4 Likes

When i found out about this community, i loved planes even more, before i liked them, but once i found out about this community and how awesome it is, it took it to the next level, i am tracking planes, have a schedule for where i wanna plane spot, it’s insane and all because of this wonderful community

1 Like

I have been an aviation enthusiast from age 10, which has been one of my greatest interests. What brought this upon me? Simple. Some mellow Miles Davis Jazz + a nice busy airport. And now my goal is to lure others in with me into the wonders of aviation.

1 Like

A couple months after turned 9, (4 years ago), my mother graduated from flight attendant training in Atlanta, Georgia, for Delta Airlines. Me my grandparents, and my little sister all flew on a 738 paid for by Delta from KMSY to KATL to see her graduate. The flight was four years ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. That was the beginning for me. Now, I can say that I’ve visited multiple air museums, NAS’s, airport hangars, maintenance stands, B-52 tours, National Flight Academy, Marine 1, and Civil Air Patrol, all because of my mother.

1 Like

Downloading Infinite Flight :) When I was 7 I was obsessed with vehicle simulators when I came across this app and downloaded it! Now I love aviation

For as long as I can remember, I have been into aviation. I think going to Newark at around 2 or 3 sparked it a bit more. As I’ve learned a lot overtime, my love for it has never stopped growing. Not to mention finding Infinite Flight around 10 and playing Live got me more involved. All of this inspires me to accomplish my dreams to become an airline pilot(or air force).

1 Like

My first model plane while my dad was in the Air Force. I’ve loved aviation since then!

1 Like

The time I saw the first flight of the A380 when I was about 6 years old watching it on TV in my bed.

1 Like