As you have already known, the test for ATC’s have been started again in full force (if you haven’t already, check this page)
This might be the ultimate guide for passing the Practical Test :)
What we (as testers and recruiters) expect in your practical test.
- Ground Awareness
- Don’t make us collide with other users on the ground.
- Not making us pushback into other users.
- Check a full fledged video here
- Correct clearances
- Clear us to Land for a Landing.
- Option for Touch and Go, Low pass, Inverted Pass, etc.
- No Over controlling
- Calling our bases when we are already sequenced.
- Extending Downwind when we are already sequenced.
- Sending a Give Way when other aircraft is a mile away.
- Expedition of Traffic
- When the previous aircraft is in the air, you can clear the next in line for take-off.
- Check this video for knowledge about spacing between departures.
- Timely commands
- Sequencing us in Upwind/Crosswind.
- Clearing in Downwind/Base, not on Short Final.
- Not waiting for the tester to report downwind.
- Some other(s)
- Not giving a Pattern Entry Instruction when the aircraft is already in the pattern.
- Giving a Pattern Entry Instruction followed by a Sequence when the aircraft is changing runway/inbound.
- Giving a proper Transition Altitude if asked, Check this out to know the correct altitude(s) for your test airport…
Thanks for reading and Happy Ops! All the best for your test! :) ;)
If you have understood this well, make sure your test is like this!