What Should I Do?

This is embarrassing. I was on Live (saw Laurens, too) in Singapore on Advanced. I was on the perfect approach, until I had to change to an opposite runway. So, I entered where the controller told me, then, my dog started barking, so I looked to see why. I didn’t see anything wrong so I looked back, and found out I was stalling. I stayed calm, but could only recover so much, since I was only a few thousand feet high. I couldn’t get out of the descent fast enough, and decided to ditch in the water. I did this cause I couldn’t find empty land to land on and I was over ocean shore area. I made it sucsesfully without crashing, only, now I’m on live, in the middle of the ocean looking like Nick Chan. I was so ashamed I imediently exited. Was this the right way to handle it?

2 Likes

Issue a go around, and re-enter the pattern. Level out, pull the gear up, gain some speed, and then precede into a go around procedure.

No about the stall. Should I left imediently, recovered a different way, what?

If you stall, level out, throttle up, bring up anything slowing your aircraft down… (Gear, Spoilers) then precede on when you finish the stall recovery procedures.

Ok. I tried to do that. Was ditching the right choice for this situation? I couldn’t recover

1 Like

What else are you suppose to do when you crash. ;)

Only if the passengers had time to get their life jackets on!

1 Like

Realize that you made a mistake, and not every pilot is perfect. It’s ok to fail, don’t worry about what others think. Just know what to do and keep learning :)

4 Likes

Maybe I should have waited the 90 seconds for everyone to evacuate my 777. I don’t know if ATC saw what I had down or what cause they cleared me to land as I touched down on the water

1 Like

As we don’t have any way to tell atc we are going down, you really can’t.

1 Like

Yep, that would have been nice to tell the controller I was going down.

1 Like

I thought the ATC barked at you like a dog 😂

Did APP change your assigned RWY?

3 Likes

If you weren’t able to recover, how were you able to choose a landing spot and put it down without crashing? Sounds like you recovered from the stall.

Maybe I should rephrase it, I could recover from the stall, but could gain altitude, and if I pulled my nose of too much to start climbing I’d stall again

How do you land on the water without crashing?

That’s how IF is like… Water is land…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.