What Should I Buy Aviation Related?

Preferably miitary aviation related but i don’t really care, aviation in common… my birthday is coming up and i’m trying to find something to buy myself

2 Likes

You should get a 737

2 Likes

ya a straight up 737 in my back yard

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he means a model

1 Like

Get a few model aircraft I recommend gemini jets!😀👍

1 Like

maybe, i’m into military aircraft

how about a gyroscope, its a nice gift to own that is used in compasses.

I think it might cause around 100-200 for something really cheap and spoilt. Its a marvelous design.

2 Likes

Get what I got for Christmas ;)

https://www.boeingstore.com/collections/defense/products/boeing-b-52h-stratofortress-memphis-belle-iv-die-cast-model

4 Likes

thanks! i might!

2 Likes

If you don’t have one, a propeller.

3 Likes

Buy yourself a 1/32 revell model kit. I’m looking at the Saber Dog currently. The B-17s look awesome cus the wingspan is as big as your armsimage. Or if you don’t want to spend 20-30 dollars, get a remove before flight tag keychain. I put it on my backpack

3 Likes

Ive always been tempted to buy a proper flight log for logging my IF hours.

2 Likes

Don’t buy anything. Save your money for pilots lincense (assuming you want to be a pilot). You’re gonna need a couple thousand if you want to get your PPL, and money doesn’t grow on trees.

2 Likes

How much is a pilots licence, start to finish?

1 Like

Depends where you live. Usually more populated areas, like the Bay Area for example, cost more. Just the way it is sadly.

My friend payed $30,000 for his PPL. You read that right, 30 thousand dollars. He also soloed with a riduliously high number of hours, but he’s now a great pilot and flight instructor for ATP in Arizona. If you’re smart with your money you could get it done in 5 to 6 thousand in the Bay Area, but it’s usually higher.

In other areas, such as Wisconsin, 5-6K would be considered a normal amount of $ to earn your PPL, if not high. It varies based on aircraft rental, instructior, and location.

2 Likes

Depends upon which one you wish!!!

PPL, approx 45 hours, £8500-£9000 minimum
CPL add 25 hours, Night Rating, IMC rating, complex (VPP, retracting gear) type rating and 10 hours Multi Engine Qual. Probably another £15,000-£20,000 depending on aircraft type and time taken.
zero to ATPL course £65,000 to £108,000 depending upon modular or integrated and where you train.

All ‘off the back of a fag packet’ figures mind you but roughly in the ball park.

Edited to add that these amounts are generally for if you don’t have to take extra flying hours to pass the skills tests and that you pass all ground exams first time!!!

1 Like

i got one with my flight jacket lol (remove before flight)

1 Like

Buy tickets to an air show. The one at Travis AFB was amazing, all military jets. Thunderbirds are there, and a lot of other demonstrations too.

2 Likes

In this modern climate. It’s that ‘buy a house or’ kinda decision with savings unfortunately, I guess it’ll remain a dream. Gone are the days of saving to follow your dreams I’m afraid!

1 Like

Maybe a cockpit mural, 45-120 USD depending on how complex/detailed you want it
Also, get a yoke/throttle for IF to improve realism :)

1 Like