What server do you fly on most? [POLL]

Haha TS1 is still miles worse than casual don’t worry man. SoCal TS1? Never again…

2 Likes

I’ll admit I’m a grade 2 GASP Don’t hurt me PLEASE!!!

5 Likes

I only fly on TS1 when people on the expert server are in a region that I haven’t bought yet, but I usually fly in the Expert server when I can .

3 Likes

Expert: I still expect realism and professionalism, so I go here for pilot courtesy and etiquette.
Casual: Like I mentioned before I’m lucky enough to have a job where I can use IF while at work, but not wanting to risk causing problems for others, particularly active ATC I choose casual in case I get distracted for a few moments mid flight.

5 Likes

Definitely expert! I can’t stand the dummies of TS1 and I also like to fly realistically.

1 Like

This poll may very well end up showing that my far most peoply fly on Expert.
And I think it’s indeed very well pssoible that most of this Community flies on Expert.

Training server does get far more traffic than expert though; it’s just that many of these pilots on Training don’t visit this Community.

3 Likes

‘dummies’?

You mean the pilots that are still learning?

How hard can it be to make a comment NOT sound negative…

4 Likes

Sorry… Jeez. I was never meaning to be negative all I am saying is is in TS1. People don’t follow instructions when there is tutorials on the forum to help train them. So I said ‘dummies’ because they are new and a bit stupid.

As opposed to ‘Old and a bit stupid’ 😏

1 Like

Mostly Expert, especially with active ATC’s.

1 Like

Expert all day all night, except today, which I flew on TS1. It was chaotic.

2 Likes

I’m still gaining XP for grade 3 so right now I’m limited to TS1. Although I never fly SOCAL way to chaotic.

2 Likes

I started out in TS1, then grinded my way up to grade 3 so I could be on the expert server. The magic wore off pretty quick. There are never enough controllers to provide a little spice in the game, and most of those controllers had such rigid plans for their airspace that I wasn’t enjoying it - things like never allowing a runway change or not providing approach services to satellite airports.

It ended up feeling like I was playing on casual but with the threat of being penalized if I inadvertently broke a rule. So, I just kept playing in the training server. That place has its moments of joy. It’s like playing social golf instead of PGA rules. Sure, there’s a greater challenge in following strict rules, but it’s not so much of a challenge that I feel invested in it. I still fly properly, but I get to enjoy the presence of other people on the air and in the control rooms.

I’ll probably swing back to the expert server every now and then, but it’s just so dern boring when you know exactly what’s gonna happen before you even set out.

5 Likes

Totally understandable in a way, but some of them will go on to become great pilots, just like us. We’re only seeing a 15 second window into their experience, right? That’s why we call them peanuts ;-) Everyone can have a peanut moment, even the experts. You never know when one of them is going to outperform any of us one day. The habitual peanuts are termed “nimrods”. This is more or less the official lexicon of the IFC, lol.

1 Like

Training server because I’m not grade 3 yet.(unfortunately)

2 Likes

Its madness yesterday in Paris region directly after the ATC closed i saw a pilot with 747 having 39hrs in total taking off just from his parking spot
He was behind me so he went through me to the grass on full speed and took off
I think we need more restrictions to the expert server and i think we should get license just like real world to fly on expert

1 Like

This problem is due to time gap between grounspeed warning and the violation. It gives pilots enough time to takeoff without violation. Better monitoring system need to be in place

I fly on Solo Server. :-D

1 Like

I fly on Training server 1, haven’t game of thrones access to expert yet and casual is a total mess.

I agree with this 100%. I liked the idea of having IFATC at non class b airports on some days.

I actually love the chaos of TS1 socal, it’s realistic (no, not in terms of how users perform compared to real pilots). There is a lot of traffic, and I just have to act like it is real and follow the rules, even when others don’t

2 Likes