What’s your “go to” activity to pass time during a flight?

I try to have a decent understanding of my upcoming approach and study the arrival airport’s diagram. Curious to see what most of the community does.

4 Likes

My go-to when flying in IF is to open IF on a different device and practice approaches into Lukla with a 747 lol
edef58cbc57434d4bf528a8a8f7cdb514196b29c_2_1024x576

4 Likes

Don’t really have a certain pastime, I usually study college things during a long haul.

3 Likes

It depends, I do ULH (Ultra Long Haul) flights from when I go to bed until I get home from school, so most of the time I just pass it by being at school.

Now if it on a weekend or school vacation, I will most likely pass the time by playing video games.

5 Likes

If I’m flying in the A350 or 757 i’ll play the block breaker game lol

2 Likes

During Medium/Long flights, I usually let school pass and study, sleep, go for a walk, do sports and socialize, and many other things :p

3 Likes

Yeah agreed, frequently I’ll pop in a Medium Haul and study during cruise.

It’s the opposite direction with me. I pass time at work with Infinite Flight and my work takes a whole day, while being accompanied by “trips” around the world. Therefore, I’m almost always flying, always monitoring the cocpit readings in front of me. Sometimes I make multiple connecting flights. All planning, charts, tables, are laid out on the table before any flights - so when I fly it’s just the execution - and multi-tasking with work lol. But multi-tasking gives me extra motivations.

I work with video media and the best thing about it is that I could plug in my earphones under my big headphones and felt calm being accompanied by cockpit noise and ATC all day long :) - except when I have some audio tasks to do :(

2 Likes

If I’m not taking pictures of my flight, I’m usually making music/playing with my instruments, sleeping or playing games

2 Likes

I stare at the wall and question my life choices, like why I’m spending 10 bucks a month in order to fly a virtual 787 16+ hours between Tokyo and Los Angeles.

13 Likes

Lmao @Mattheus that had me rolling!
I Workout or take a walk, then perform a podcast episode or write scripts for it, mostly on weekdays. Weekends hangout with fam during flights.

i like to think about how alone i am … and about … her 😞😞😞😞😞😕

5 Likes

Long haul flying has been the name of the game for me due to college, so usually I’ll set off on a flight and then study and get various assignments done! Time tends to fly by like that :)

2 Likes

Play Xbox, watch Netflix, do homework, take a nap,

1 Like

You can find me painting art, listening to music, and talking to the people in my VO (GAF).

1 Like

I watch TV and check my flight every 5 minutes because I’m paranoid.

3 Likes

Sleep.
Eat.
Netflix.
Repeat.

4 Likes

I usually just listen to music, draw, or talk here on the IFC. :)

1 Like

best thing ever

1 Like

Go outside. I know that’s a harrowing prospect to many people here, but fresh air and nature are surprisingly good for the mind and body.
Jump on my bike, go for a walk down the harbour…

Either that or sleep idk

1 Like