What’s your closes calls on expert?

Idk what topic I should put this in #screenshots-and-videos or #general but anyway. What is you guys closes calls on expert. With IFATC mine was when I was on approach in to KLAS when a A380 almost hits me. While center was online btw. And this I was vectored for 50min and to prove it I can send replays of being 50min late.

Anyway what is your guys closes calls?

3 Likes

When I forgot to turn on A/P before putting my iPad down - only just managed to avoid getting a violation and crashing into the ground 😂

1 Like

LOLdid you just take off or were you on approach

1 Like

I’ve never Been close to a collision on expert but I got very lucky with not being ghosted one time. I accidentally almost took off where I was supposed to line up and wait and aborted takeoff just in time to stop and not get ghosted

2 Likes

Just after takeoff

1 Like

Probabaly when someone was going at an even altitude when flying East (should be odd) and we literally passed with less than 1nm of sideways separation.

1 Like

Just happened during yesterday’s FNF, I was admiring the scenery during descent when I suddenly found myself doing 270kt and crossing 11000ft. I immediately extended the spoiler, watched the speed slowly dropping and prayed “DO NOT OVERSPEED PLZ”
And finally I crossed 10000ft at 255kt😂 the alarm didn’t go off and I successfully kept my clean record 😅

1 Like

Don’t want to be that guy but… Would this be better suited in the ‘What is your Uh Oh moment?’ topic. Most of the replies here are very similar.

3 Likes

I feel you man it’s so triggering

Wow that was a very close call

1 Like

@DeerCrusher

6 Likes

Mine is when some approach guy made everyone do useless circles when there was lots of space
Everyone finished the circles at the same time and almost crashed together when he was doing vectors

2 Likes

I wouldnt call this a close call but when I took off from toronto, (I was just starting out on the expert server) I decided not to wait until 3,000 ft before I began my path following and ended up almost colliding with a small aircraft shortly after takeoff who was also taking off the same time as me, of course the active controller called me out and kicked me off the session

1 Like

I’ve had a ton of fun times when I’ve been flying around in game. I’ve had people taxiing so close behind me that brake tests are imminent. I’ve done that before and the guy left the game when he taxied through me, no one else or ATC was around… lol, I still see them to this day every now and again on the servers.

I’ve had countless moments of aircraft flying a thousand feet below or above as per normal, and a few times I’ve had people fly through me by either going the opposite way at the same altitude or going faster than me 😂

I think my moment’s got to be when I flew to Manchester a few weeks ago. Turns out the aircraft in front (@Boeing757) had slowed down slightly during descent. This was about 3am for me at the time, I was practically just AFK with my phone in view whilst I was doing other stuff. The second I saw them I grabbed my phone over because I saw the aircraft, AP off, and turned off to avoid a ‘collision’. Did a right 360⁰ and watched closely for the rest of the flight 😂

I haven’t actually mentioned this to you yet @Boeing757, so urm… Sorry! 😅😂

5 Likes

this happened with me yesterday, and I hadn’t calibrated yet :)

1 Like

No worries lol, I actually didn’t even notice😂

3 Likes

Uhhh what…

You were literally active 😂

Darn I could’ve got away with it… lol

3 Likes

I once was on approach to Tapei with active ATCa while back and I was going 180 kts and ATC had vectored everyone to go 210 kts until ILS cone because it was very busy. ATC and I Didn’t realize until there was a plane about 300 ft behind me…

Whoops… 😬

2 Likes

Oh a violation was in bound

Storytime!

One of my close calls was when I was approaching Sint Maarten. it was a busy ATC hub. I was on final around 180kts. I was trying to check out the beautiful scenery of Sint Maarten until I see someone coming right behind me at 250kts. Luckily the lovely ATC that was there noticed it and told him to do a go-around. They then proceed to the sharpest turn I’ve ever seen. Then, he comes back. He was trying to come on final and realizes that I’m there. They managed to turn in time and we had like 3ft of Separation. Yeah, that was a wild experience that happened.

This is just one out of many I have had during my time in Infinite Flight

3 Likes