What’s this?

Hello! Half Moon Bay looks so nice in 3D, but I was just wondering what these weird structures are. Are they like placeholders, or just something else? I don’t really know, and I haven’t seen anything like this IRL. Any answers as to what these are will be appreciated. Thanks!

3 Likes

So I went to google maps and I saw them there too. I’m not sure what they are but they are there.

1 Like

Certainly raises some interesting questions, but these are definitely present at the airport, so they won’t be removed. That said though, they remain unmarked on charts.

Screenshot 2022-03-27 at 00.33.29

5 Likes

@callaa alright so it seems it is there in real life

2 Likes

Idk, it looks like they are placed on a old taxiway. Perhaps to block them off?

1 Like

@LordWizrak really weird, but interesting. as a side note there seems to be a decommissioned taxiway that goes beyond the threshold of rwy 12, seen it many times on highway 1, so I guess there’s another mystery

Thanks for helping me out! Hope to learn more about these.

This looks too good to just have the function of blocking taxiways off. My guess would be that this is for storage, though it’s purely speculation. Perhaps someone with more experience at this airport might be able to give us some leads.

1 Like

Storage sounds highly plausible to me and the concrete blocks do, too, so I guess that’s it for now… still kind of cool to see something strange here

They seem too small to store any meaningful items. My guess is that they are just ominous and “random” concrete blocks.

2 Likes

Looking closer at @LordWizrak photo I can see faint Xs on the taxiway, so it looks like it’s not in use anymore…

Hey, I edited this airport and put these there.

As best I could tell, they’re hangars for small aircraft. You can take a 172 or XCub and fit it inside the hangar almost perfectly. Unfortunately there wasn’t a good way to have hangar facades on the front of these, so there aren’t spawn points inside.

9 Likes

thats a weird layout

1 Like

Sounds good, thank you!

1 Like

Ooo interesting. I’m quite surprised. In the irl photos they look smaller than your average GA plane so I thought they were something else.

2 Likes

Btw good job on HAF! It looks just like I remember (although I haven’t been there in a long while lol)

1 Like

Taxi on over and check for yourself :)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.