What’s the reason?

Hello. I want to ask a legitimate question that I mean no hate towards anyone and I’m not calling anyone out. And I’m hoping this doesn’t get taken down.

So I have noticed recently that when people post pictures in the #screenshots-and-videos category some of the threads I’ve seen are, good, but not high quality. What I mean by not high quality is, sometimes the angles are generic, and sometimes the editing done to the pictures isn’t the best, but it’s not the worst, and those usually and recently have for the most part from what I’ve noticed lately have gotten a lot more likes and attention than the more high quality and professional pictures I’ve seen on other threads. Could someone explain why this is as I’m a bit a confused about this. Once again, I mean no hate and I mean this in the kindest of words 🙂

1 Like

Simple. It doesn’t matter on if you think you think it’s high quality or not. Everyone has personal opinions, and they might like it, even if you might not. Maybe you have different tastes than people, and you don’t like what they like? For example, some people like unedited posts as they show how not everything needs to be edited to look nice. On the other hand, some people like edited shots, with clouds and rain etc.

11 Likes

I have noticed the exact same thing.

For example, @Anshul28 In my opinion, has the bets photos on the community, but then you have people that have some photos hat have letters on them (Not naming the people) and they get like 60 likes… Not sure why they have more than actual good shots!

5 Likes

I understand that, but like even sometimes the unedited post quality aren’t great, and those blow up. Like I’ve noticed some pictures could use a tad bit of editing, not a lot.

2 Likes

Sometimes, Editing can be a bad thing. Sometimes, things are just good as they are.

Yes thank you, someone else understands lol. @Anshul28 ‘s are some of the best here and I see him getting like 10 likes, but others posts blow up and tbh, they’re nothin to rave about imo

4 Likes

Then that’s your opinion, just like you stated. Different people like different things 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean, this topic is like saying Haribo gummy bears are the best candies in the world, so why do other candy manufacturers even try to make sweets?

Yea I get that if your posting a day shot, natural lighting is nice, but a dusk or night shot needs some brightening. I’ve seen so many night shots where you can hardly see anything and those get like 20+ likes.

1 Like

Some of these nice threads you see may get buried under many other topics, such as the growing amount of #support topics.
Or some people may not like what others do like.

It’s all a matter of perspective.

1 Like

It’s the person who gives the like’s decision, not yours to make… if I really like a post, I will give it a like. If I don’t, I don’t. Simple logic.

4 Likes

Yea I get that. There has been a growing number of support post lately.

1 Like

Yea I mean I’m not argue with peoples opinions, if they like it, then that’s great. I just think there’s a lot of great members out there that don’t get the recognition they deserve.

1 Like

That’s true, but let’s say we’re comparing photos taken by a phone from a kilometre away and photos taken by a good camera? Which would you like more? It’s practically the same for IF photos. But you’re right, we all have different opinions!

1 Like

Depends on the picture… again, it’s a matter of opinion, styles, etc.

I do agree that there are some amazing posts, but in the end, it comes down to people’s opinions. Going back to the Haribo gummy bear example, I think that there are other candies that don’t get all the recognition they deserve, but it doesn’t make them any less great. They may not appeal to some people, while many others think they’re great.

1 Like

It really isn’t. With IF, you have the freedom to have infinite angles, compared to real life, you have a set angle. So the Kilometer Phone vs Camera really doesn’t work, since it’s both a set angle and I doubt a camera has a 1 Kilometer range.

1 Like

At the end of the day, People will like what they like. We can’t question their opinions, we just have to accept it.

1 Like

Yea that’s true I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

But to be honest with you, a dark unedited picture, shouldn’t get 30 likes while the more detailed picture gets 10. Like I get it, it’s a matter of opinion. But it’s kind ridiculous to me🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

We already got you your answer several times. There’s no need to continue complaining.

There is your answer, from 4 people.

1 Like

I understand, my apologies…

1 Like