What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made?

In infinite flight I mean.

Mine is forgetting the landing gear at about 6000 feet lol that was funny

3 Likes

Not bad, I think it’s landing without landing gear down, a classic I think ;)

2 Likes

Usually, you don’t lower the landing gear until around 2500ft above the airport so I’m a bit confused by this one.

Mine is when I forgot to engage A/P before putting my iPad down - I think you can figure out what happened…

5 Likes

I think it’s on departure, not approach

4 Likes

choosing to fly the a220 instead of the 717

ill regret that forever

1 Like

Yeah, I should’ve specified it was during takeoff.
Thanks @Butter575

4 Likes

Or in other ways when the aircraft is in the red area infront of the runway

2 Likes

Ouch, that sucks

1 Like

Not using step-climbing for a long haul flight when my aircraft was quite heavy and immediately climbing to my high cruising altitude, and falling asleep when doing so.

I woke up to the CRASHED screen, and was quite annoyed to say the least, as hours of anticipation went down the drain. Lesson learnt.

1 Like

Mine was to make a short final while talking with someone and not looking at my home phone, A/P not engaged, or using ruder while flying to make an air drift and stalled and crash

I think I found Dan’s biggest mistake

1 Like

Swiped up just after departure to clear out all my apps for an 8 hour flight, I’m pretty sure it’s easy to tell which app I closed instead 🥲

2 Likes

Not calibrating before disengaging AP, flipping over and spiralling to the ground.

2 Likes

To be fair, I knew what you meant without hesitation. There’s nothing like experience to make connections!

2 Likes

“Dans big mistake” also happened to me. I usually fly on JetBlue a320s, hopping around the country originating out of JFK, but then one day I decided to switch things up. I used a delta 757 on the MSY-JFK route, and forgot to put my wheels down too… This was the first time that ever happened to me, and it happened to be on the Boeing 757, just like Dans mistake. I was on final for 22L, like 50 feet up over the runway, and I briefly switched cams and saw my wheels were up. As I mentioned, I’ve been playing IF for 2 years, and it only happened on the 757… I went around, making a fool of myself lol

1 Like

I probably would have wrote an entire book in one comment if you didn’t specify that

5 Likes

When I forgot to disable autopilot sometimes I forgot to disable LNAV and my play changes direction last second and I have to go around

1 Like

I love how he disappears off canvas 🤣

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.