What routes does American Airlines 737 MAX 8 fly?

I’ve never seen a MAX 8 at LAX. Well that’s a lie… we have United, Southwest and Alaska. But i’ve never seen an american airlines MAX 8.

Anyone know what routes they fly and why they don’t ever send their max 8 to LAX?

1 Like

6 Likes

Most of them appear to be based out in Miami. There are 29 of them in the air at the moment or have their transponder on

6 Likes

I’ve flown on the American MAX 8 from DCA to Miami. Think a lot of them are over there.

LAX-LAS
LAS-DCA
DCA-MIA
MIA-JFK
JFK-ORD
ORD-DFW
DFW-MIA
MIA-ORD
ORD-LAX
LAX-DFW

these are among the most common B38M routes

1 Like

I’ve flown their Max 8 between SAT-MIA twice.

From what I’ve seen, the Max 8 is based out of MIA which is why you won’t see it in LAX a lot. American mainly uses the A21N between MIA and LAX.

2 Likes

BGI-MIA, POS-MIA, GEO-MIA, GND-MIA, ANU-MIA, ANU-JFK, GEO-JFK

sentence

2 Likes

They are mostly based in Miami flying to Caribbean and Latin destinations. Dallas, jfk and ord get a couple. The farthest north non hub airport I have seen one at is Kcle.

Here is everywhere American Airlines flies a Boeing 737-8 between now and October 2024. NOTE: This shows every route with a Boeing 737-8 shown on their booking system, services could be multiple times a day to once randomly in a week. Some routes will have their MAX 8 service end between now and then too. :)

Apologies for the somewhat blurry photo!

For what it’s worth, American does fly the MAX 8 to LAX from MIA, typically once or twice a day until Feburary 14, where the route not have a MAX 8 service thereafter. :)

So you have until Feburary 14 to spot one!

1 Like

I know they do MSP-MIA daily.

this is great, thank you 🙏🏻

1 Like

OP requested closure