What Routes Do You Think A Specific Airline Should Launch?

This is sort of a poll for the entire IFC community…

• I’d like to know what routes you think a specific airline should launch. Not just routes for your home airport… but for the airline’s network as a whole.

• When answering the question, think about why you believe the route could come into fruition, the potential aircraft it could be operated with, and the demand surrounding the route.

• If you’d really like to get detailed, add in any potential partnerships that could influence a route (codeshare/alliances/joint ventures) or even a feasible frequency/season the route should operate on.

If any of your theoretical routes become real in the upcoming years… congrats. 😃

8 Likes

Cathay Pacific or ANA should fly to Austin, fo sho. Maybe JAL. It’s got to happen. Also Emirates one day.

8 Likes

ik it’s a totally random route but like Taipei to Chennai
again totally random

4 Likes

Delta might beat them to the Japan market tho

2 Likes

Also I’d really like to see either delta or Korean launch aus-icn. I will be going to Korea the next 2 summers so I’m hoping (even though it’s a long shot) that the route will be added soon, especially that that route is now has cash incentives

3 Likes

Singapore Airlines should go to more Canadian destinations.

YVR for one.

2 Likes

I’d love to see SWISS further expand in North America.

At the moment, they fly to New York JFK & EWR, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Montréal. They will also add Washington to the list starting in 2020 adding number 5 of the East Coast destinations, together with YUL, NYC, BOS and MIA

As much as I like this expansion, I’d have preferred a destination that is not at the East Coast, we got that one covered now.

I’d love to see SWISS adding Dallas or Denver to the list, two destinations more in the center of North America and perfect for connection flights. Seattle would be a great addition to the West Coast as well.

When it comes to Europe, I’d love to see Reykjavik being added to the list.

4 Likes

Air Antwerp should get a 2nd route from Antwerp to Berlin or Luxembourgh maybe when they get their 2nd aircraft. No huge airports but still airports in demanding cities.

1 Like

RDU is going for China. Maybe I want a Tokyo Flight…

1 Like

I’d definitely love to see Swiss come to Dallas, or at least AA relaunching DFW-ZRH. I’ve been to Switzerland once and it was fantastic, probably my favorite country in Europe.

If this was the late 1990s/early 2000s… perhaps the old “Swissair” could have launched Dallas given the partnership with American.

However, in today’s market, they’ll probably go for Houston or like you said, Denver, for Star Alliance connections.

2 Likes

More intercontinental flights from KDEN would be great. It’s a really untapped market.

2 Likes

Any European airline to Karachi or Saudia/Qantas/Oman Air/Gulf Air to Chicago

1 Like

I would love for Lufthansa to re-launch San Jose (SJC/KSJC) to Frankfurt (FRA/EDDF) and for Alaska and Delta to launch San Jose (SJC/KSJC) to Boston (BOS/KBOS)

Delta launching San Jose (SJC/KSJC) to Cincinnati (CVG/KCVG) and Raleigh (RDU/KRDU) would be nice as well!

For American, I want San Jose to Miami, Philadelphia, New York, and Charlotte

1 Like

Ba should do egll-ypph or egll-phnl

1 Like

KSLC-KJAX Delta (would be super convenient for me) and KSLC-RKSI Delta

2 Likes

For my local airport we need Wizz Air to add Eindhoven and Barcelona asap. There are many many more i could add, but these are the most needed

1 Like

YSSY-KSEA would be cool

I could see British Airways being British Airways and competing with them selves by launching a flight to London from KEGE or KGJT just because they got bored of lack of competition from KDEN

1 Like

Something tells me that won’t happen 🤔😂

2 Likes

I know but just BA being BA