What retired aircraft have you missed the most?

Hi guys, unfortunately many aircraft have been retired due to COVID-19 including our beloved Queen of the skies and lots of other aircraft grounded. Or maybe it’s one of the iconic aircraft like the MD-80 and the Concorde. What aircraft have you missed since it has retired?

Smash the heart to keep this topic and to remember to retired and legendary aircraft

38 Likes

The Concorde, obviously!

Greatest aircraft of our time.

47 Likes

Yeah I agree, I also miss the 747 @Chatta290

5 Likes

If the Navy could put aside some money to put at least 3 Tomcats back in the skies for airshows only, that would be amazing.

15 Likes

Yeah I totally agree

1 Like

The final one hasn’t been retired yet but I would definitely miss the 737 Classic 300-500 once they go, especially with Air Baltic. Maybe tge A310 too, because that was an aircraft I was dying to fly on but Air Transat has retired their last ones. The only way I can is through Iran.

3 Likes

The DC-9 was fun to fly on. Those low bypass JT8D’s always sounded amazing during takeoff.

12 Likes

Concorde and the recent KLM 744’s

By far the bast 2 to get retired ^

5 Likes

But it’s sad for them to retire, I wish I flew on the concorde

1 Like

I miss the DC-9 the most as well. I never had the chance to fly on one, but it’s my favorite plane. Such a legend.

I also miss the Ford Tri-Motor, B-17, DC-3, 707, 727, etc. all the classics. They really brought aviation to the world, wether that be serving military duty or passenger service.

7 Likes

KLM 747
BTW welcome @MahKuh

3 Likes

MD-80 family and of course the 757-200 (AA)

7 Likes

There are a few Concorde’s around England, one being an old airfield in the middle of nowehre, and one at Heathrow directly next to the runway, now a cafe. I’d love to go there.

What I’d want even more though is to go to the aircraft museum in Seattle, where they have everything from the first Boeing 747, the Air Force 1 707, 727… 737… 787…

And they have a Concorde on lease, all protected with barriers so you can only walk down the galley, but it’s still a fully equipped piece of legendary technology.

3 Likes

The queen of the skies and the Concorde

4 Likes

Definitely Mate I couldn’t agree more

1 Like

The MD-80s we have lost 😭

8 Likes

I know it’s so sad, I wish we could refurbish them and make them look stylish and more environmentally friendly.

4 Likes

Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-200/300/500. I flew in these since I wasn’t even a year old and flew on my last -300 just a few years ago. I was actually brought to tears when I heard that SW would retire their -300’s. I only flew on the -300 until their retirement because they are just fantastic aircraft in every way. And don’t forget the good’ol -500. I flew my last flight on a -500 from San Jose to Utah back in 2016 and will cherish it forever. I miss SWA’s classics. And I flew on the -200 once back in 2004.

22 Likes

Wow I love the retro pictures!

2 Likes

I love them too. The “Desert Gold” is my favorite Southwest Airlines livery of all time. Second in line is the Canyon Blue, Silver One, and in dead last is their current livery. I don’t like SWA’s new livery at all. Nor do like their new interiors and bare blue seats