What regional jets should be added?

What regional jets do you want added to infinite flight? Like most users, I would like more regional jets than just the crj-200 and the embraer e-jets.

2 Likes

Me, I’m a Reciprocal/Turbo engine guy, how about a -8 , a Shorts 360 or an Otter Twin. I’d rather screw thru the air than suck thru it!
Mad Max Sends

The ATR 72 is a good regional aeroplane

…I truly enjoy your posts, MM!!

besides, I would love to see a CRJ 900 NG in a LH livery. It is an elegant plane with a very good performance

happy landings

Clipper747PA

Excellent point. All we need is the Germany region and you have the aeroplane in its hub

@Clipper747PA Thanks for the pat on the head! I hold you in high regard for you technical expertise and style. There an educator hiding in there somewhere. Now on the 900. An Interesting bootlegged design form Boeing. As I get it, you take a 700, saw to it in two, paste in an extension to the pressure hull, slap some aluminum over the patch Walaa, a 900. The only thing I see is more seats which equals more revenue! Am I missing somethings?
Warm Regards, Max Sends

…Well, you are right to some extent.
But the development from the -200 over the -700 to the 900 is not just a simple stretch.

The -200 was the initial regional jet, a derivate of the Challenger 604 corporate aircraft.
It had a trailed main landing gear that made landings very smooth. Due to the fact, it has no leading edge lift devices it also has a truly remarkable nose down attitude during approaches. This particular aircraft shows a CRj-200 called “Little Europe”. It had a special livery that symbolized the connectivity within Europe.

The -700 was a big step.
Same cockpit equipment for crew communality, but stronger engines and much better performance. The aircraft also introduced some sort of a hand luggage belly in front of the wing. For Delivery At Aircraft (DAA) purposes, they have the belly door on the left hand side, so it could be offloaded easily and placed in front of the 1L door for faster boarding/offboarding. The inside of the belly was not very high, so a ground handler could not crawl into it to stow the luggage. Thus they installed a sleigh: You put baggage on the sleigh and then push the sleigh to the left into the hold.
In addition they gave the aircraft a new and higher landing gear to compensate for the increased length of the aircraft.
However, the -700 is a tricky aircraft to land. The center of rotation is in front of the main landing gear, it is also not trailed as in the -200. Thus, if the pilot pulls too late for the flare (in order to decrease the sink rate), he actually rotates the aircraft literally even faster “into the ground”. So it is not that easy to land this plane. By the way, the 727-200 had a similar constellation and the pilots (as far as I was told) pushed the yoke before touchdown a little forward after the round out to set it down smoothly.

The -900 is not only an even further stretch with an even more increased performance, it also got a new cabin interior which increased passenger comfort. The problem with stretched planes is the perception of a passenger to sit in a tube (…well, it is one after all ;-)). By changing the design of the overhead bins, lowering the cabin floor and lifting the windows a little up, Bombardier created a whole new feeling without changing the diameter of the hull.
The -900 also has a remarkable nose down attitude on ground due to its length, it almost looks like a racer. This is due to the fact, that the nose gear must not be too long (or the entry door too high), in order to avoid the height from which on the manufacturer has to install a slide!

happy landings

Clipper747PA

P.S.:
I would love to also see the AVRO RJ 85! …a development out of the BAE 146, called Jumbolino.
This plane with its remarkable short take off and landing capability was perfect to fly in and out of Londy City Airport. These days one only sees it often in the color scheme of SWISS (operated by SWISS european). It soon will be replaced by, believe it or not, Bombardier C-Series aircraft!! - they made it finally!

PPS.:
To all who love CRJ’s and AVRO aircraft. There is a video on uTube, which will give you goosebumps!!
…you must watch this amazing video:

http://youtu.be/2oK8gU-xf50

2 Likes

They should rework the CRJ(s).

3 Likes

you mean in IF? - yes they should, because one can also use this well performing airliner on smaller airports, thus increasing the possibilities in IF.

With an A380, the available airports are limited :smile:, as in the real world

Happy Landings

Clipper747PA

Oh boy have I missed a lot…

Here they are in order:

BAe 146-100/-200/-300
Dornier Do-328JET
ATR 42
Bombardier Dash 8 Q400
ATR 72
Bombardier Dash 8-100/-200/-300
Embraer ERJ-135/-140/-145
Bombardier CRJ-700/-900/-1000
Bombardier CRJ-100/-200

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

Hi,

I also have some more

SAAB 340 and SAAB 2000
and lets not forget the EMBRAER 120. This aircraft also flew in the US

and then one of my favorite:

Hawker Siddley 748 in the Red Baron color scheme:

iin the late eighties they developed the not so successful BAE ATP out of the FS 748

happy landings,

Clipper747PA

Those aircraft are awesome aircraft.

All but the HS748 made it to the USA I think.

Off the top of my head:

DL, UA, US, NW Saab 340s
Saab 2000: US
Embraer EMB-120: DL, UA
BAe ATP: UA

Since we’re on the topic why not add the BAe Jetstreams (31, 41), Nord 262, Fokker F-27/Fairchild FH-227, Fokker F-28.

Long live the DC-9!

Dash 8 with Westjet livery

Trevor,

talking about stretching planes…not only Bombardier did it! …these ones are for you:

the DC-9 10 (I know you know it, but maybe others don’t)

and the MD-90

Incredible!

Happy Landings

Clipper747PA

P.S.: amazing you remember the Nord 262

Thank you :). The leaps and bounds the DC-9 has come through is amazing. The basic design of the plane is timeless; 1965-2006…

Nord 262’s story has ended sadly though.

Long live the DC-9!

Yup, all three.