What plane is this?

Yesterday I saw the first plane I have not been able to identify. I’ve asked other people with no success and its bothered me to the point that I’m turning to the great IF community. It was taking off about noon yesterday from KDSM. If I remember correctly It looked about the size and shape of an a320 and was twin engine. It had very weird wings almost like a 787. It was chrome almost like it was unpainted except for the tail which I think was white with blue and there may have been words on it (I’m unsure about the tail) and the box underneath the wing was white.
If anyone has any ideas please help because It’s been bothering me so much and I cannot get it off my mind (call me weird). Thanks!

A picture would be better for us to look at. Did you get any?

2 Likes

Comac c919? Could be that. Brand new plane. I think it’s Chinese

220px-Comac_C919_first_vr_test_at_Shanghai_Pudong

Or it could be one of the Bombardier C series jets

bombardier-cs100-delta

6 Likes

Yea I know, I was in school so I didn’t have anything to take a picture with. That would make it much easier!

I have never seen that before, but what airline would be flying them to Des Moines, Iowa?

3 Likes

I have no clue!! I briefly heard about it before school on BBC news

1 Like

Yea I’m guessing it might have been military or a nonregular carrier. Definitely not a normal plane there.

I’m searching the FlightAware archives.

1 Like

You can try but I couldnt find it on flightradar24

C series seems very possible their are still a lot of gaps like, being unpainted, not visible on a tracker, and I dont think one have been delivered to delta yet

1 Like

Probably the Bombardier C-Series.

The comac series are only approved to fly in China by the CAAC. They aren’t approved by the FAA to fly in the United States yet.

2 Likes

I can’t find it on any website.

1 Like

Well then, it may be the C series! Maybe Delta have secretly ordered some and are shipping them off to be painted?

1 Like

Checking on that now.

1 Like

Never knew that! I’m excited to see them in the UK soon!

2 Likes

Why would they be at DSM though?

1 Like

Nope. Only delta aircraft that took off yesterday were MD-80’s

2 Likes

I have no clue. That’s what we’re investigating

1 Like

Could it have been military?

1 Like

If its not visible on flightradar or any other trackers would that meanit woiuld be military?