What motivates you to keep flying?

Flying on IF used to be one of my favorite things to do. Doing routes to and from countries around the world was what motivated me. Miss flying on IF :(

1 Like

What motivates me? The thrill of flying, and the awesome community. Sure, there are other simulators available, but what makes infinite flight special is the community, and the effort and time spent on every intricate detail of the simulator.

2 Likes

I love to fly so I’ll do whenever I can. You can fly anywhere in the world and everything is just so realistic.

2 Likes

the variety of aircraft plus flying anywhere in the world love the freedom in infinite flight but mostly this community is what keeps me flying in infinite flight plus it’s the first flight sim I’ve ever played where you had the option of being an air traffic controller

1 Like

The thrill of flying honestly and the VA’s I’m in

2 Likes

Virtual airlines, especially this one, scenery, and the satisfaction of buttering the bread!

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I get bored as well. Honestly it’s the military aircraft that keep me coming back.

1 Like

i think its more of a passion oriented ball game for a lot of people, to fly find/feel realism in the game.
But for me its sheer knowledge; comprehended that knowledge is power,
everyday i read more on the community and understand more and more day by day.

1 Like

I think what motivates me is to have a good flying reputation by keeping my grade up (when I do have my sub). But mine motivation keeps getting less and less because I’ve been so busy lately and not had the time to fly. Things that do keep me coming back is when shiny new planes get released :D

2 Likes

How about that flying is amazing and tons of fun?!

1 Like

Whoa this thread has blown up again haha🤣, appreciate the replys guys 👍

1 Like

lol no problem

1 Like

What actually motivates me to continue flying whether in IF or other simulators is that i can practice what I’ve dreamt of since my childhood and couldn’t achieve it… I can just prove to myself that i can fly and implement the procedures in addition to read and interpret charts just by a self-learning method without the need of help from others… The passion and determination is the key of success in any field…

2 Likes

Hej IFC

I love being able to represent Esk 721 the RDAF C-130J-30 Super Hercules unit based at EKYT within the IFC. Flying real & fictional flights/missions that include, simulated air drops, tactical low flying, Airfield Assaults, SAR, cargo transportation and night flying / flying training.

Tak
V Esk 721

1 Like

The end of time

1 Like

I love airplanes, when I think in aviation I get too much excited, it’s a fabulous feeling, and I can’t describe that feeling…
That’s why I’m here, to enjoy of this fabulous world with amazing pilots of IF

2 Likes

I always look forward to absolutely greasing the landing gear on the runway.
I don’t need motivation, I just love it. That’s like saying what motivates you to keep eating. It’s essential and fun and awesome.

3 Likes

What motivates me to keep flying?

Just the amount of stuff you can do in the industry and achieving the dreams that many children have fantasized about. The amount of routes is never-ending and there’s always changes and new things to look forward to, including the amount of things you can learn from aviation while at the same time being overcome with freedom which makes the experience way better than, say, a normal classroom environment.

2 Likes

I’ve stayed so engaged over the years from the spark of actually flying and then now that I don’t fly because it’s expensive I just gain inspiration from plane spotting, aviation related videos, and an awesome IF community(and the wonderful IFATC that ties flying altogether).

2 Likes

Here’s the thing. Being a pilot is not an ordinary job. Most people have jobs because it puts food on the table and gets that fancy Lamborghini they’ve always wanted. That’s great and everything, but that’s not the way aviation is. Aviaiton isn’t a job. Aviation is a passion. There’s just something about rotating off a runway at speeds that would have been considered unearthly just a century ago. Looking out the windows and seeing God‘s beautiful creation. I don’t now how to explain it, really. Like @anon38496261 said. When there’s that really cute girl in school and you cant help but smile when you see her.
That’s the way aviation is for me. And Infinite Flight is my way to connect with that until I’m old enough to fly a real plane.

And that’s what keeps me flying.

2 Likes