What made your aviation interest take off?

Nice! Occasionally I get some O’Hare planes near my neighborhood. Saw an Air France 777 the other day

My school is right next to this aerodrome so I get GA aircraft going over at 100ft!
Happy Flying :D
Cign

1 Like

I was on NJ Transit Northeast Corridor train to New York’s Penn Station, and just saw a line of planes landing at EWR airport. And it was such a beautiful sight to watch. I couldn’t resist it. I started looking up aviation stuff and tookoff from there.

1 Like

Love when I see that. When I go up to the city for hockey games, I see the whole approach line for O’Hare. There is a highway that is right next to the airport. It’s even better at night!

There is a road that goes right along runway 10L/28R at KPDX perfect for spotting along entire runway

1 Like

Nice. My house is right under a lot of the approaches to Runway 36 at KOSH so it gets pretty loud during that week of the year.

2 Likes

I got a few pictures with my phone. PM if you want to see. They aren’t great though 😂

when i was in KDEN looking at the big 777 i was about to get on to LAX wondering how they fly something so big! also them letting me in the cockpit

Also a cool thread

1 Like

When my dad Quized me on Westjets fleet which I knew all of it as we were flying on a WS 737

1 Like

when i was in the boy scouts PDX hosted an aviation merit badge day so i got to go into of alaska airline’s maintenance hangers even got to sit the cockpit of one of their Q400 even sat in the cockpit of a F15 eagle fighter from oregon’s air national guard

My grandfather was an engineer at Pratt and Whitney during the 1970s and 1980s, so I’ve got some sort of aviation history in my family but one of the biggest driving factors that pushed me to aviation was when I took a trip out to Portland for the weekend and then I just thought to myself ‘damn, this plane stuff is actually kinda cool. I could see myself wanting to do this in the future.’ And now we have present day me.

1 Like

thats awesome your grandfather worked for them!!!

1 Like

My interest in aviation sparked when I was exposed to aircraft since I was 1 year old. My mother is a flight attendant for an international airline since 1989 and we live as expats, hence my exposure to aircraft since 1 year old.

I am now currently studying Bachelor of Science in Air Transportation to pursue a career in the field of aviation.

1 Like

My interest in aviation was sparked when I went to go planespotting with my dad when I was four at KLAS. I remember watching a BA triple-seven descend with its landing lights on, and its gear out, and I just felt, well, in sheer awe of the fact that there was about 130 tons of steel gracefully flitting down to earth just over my head, and over the next few hours (until it got dark and the no-see-ums came out) the seed of aeronautical fascination was planted in my head.

first time I saw a BA 777 was while i was in san deigo waiting for my Southwest flight back to PDX saw it taxi by and just thought wow that aircraft is massive then watching it take off just hearing the power of those engines i was just awe struck by the power of those engines

1 Like

Mine started at a very young age my neighbor is a pilot For JetBlue and I took a flight with him where he was the first officer I got to go in the flight deck and watch him do the pre flight checklist then when I was flying the flight attendant gave me some wings and after the flight I got to go to the flight deck again and leave with the pilots it was the best flight I’ve ever been on and I’ve loved aviation ever sense

Whaaaaaa. Where is

TOP GUN!!

i feel the need, the need for SPEED

2 Likes

I didn’t care about the girl, the volley ball, or the motor cycle, just the Tomcats! And goose… I did care about him…

No no boys, there’s two Os in goose