What made you look for the community instead of just flying on this simulator?

We all love flying in this simulator. It has a big world and loads of planes. It also has a great community. I started flying IF in late 2015. I found the community in late 2017 because I looked up the IF website. Then after I saw people do flights together I became more dedicated. IF became something I did three times a week to a daily thing.

1 Like

Share my experience and love of aviation. It’s been fun spending time on here meeting new people, showing my world and seeing theirs
It’s a great way connect and make good friendships!

5 Likes

I love flying and this community is awesome!

I was a bad pilot, clicked the tutorials button in the simulator and now i am here

But jokes aside this community is awesome and people here have opened my eyes about aviation A LOT in my year or so here. So thanks to everyone here! Ive made many friends and I feel very welcome and apart of this community.

1 Like

Prior to the release of Global, a few months before it was launched, I found out about IFC. At first I didn’t know what this place was and how it worked. A couple of months down the road, I participate in. Event held in Hawaii. I didn’t know anyone, and no one knew me. So with a goal of wanting to know more people, I set out to become better known on IFC. I soon found out what a pleasant and amazing place IFC is and quickly got to know a few people. As time went on, I expanded my IFC friend circle and got to become a Regular eventually. Ever since summer last year, I’ve gone through more in my personal life than ever before and much of it turned out to be a positive change for me, where IFC played a big role.

So IFC is a community, where nationals from across the globe meets, befriend one another and share their thoughts and ideas to expand their knowledge in a wide variety of subjects and aspects. In many ways you grow as a human thanks to the diversity in the people here on the forum. And for that I thank you all for being here, making a change that will forever be valuable for others ❤️

5 Likes

What brought me to the IFC was when I unfortunately got my first report. I was referred to the IFC through email by Mark Denton. Then I started watching tutorials, which took me to this forum. I liked how focused it was on IF and how many people used it. The events category was a big boost for me on the IFC. My biggest regret is that I flew on Infinite Flight for about two years before I came to this forum. Now I use it every day

1 Like

I did the same thing as you, I found the community by looking up the website. When I controlled, I was just clearing aircraft to land and telling aircraft to taxi, only. The rest of the menu might as well has well have been in French. I wanted to learn more about ATC as I found it to be interesting and fun, didn’t know there was a team to join or anything. I tried Googling things but couldn’t find any answers because I didn’t know what to look up. Then I found out how helpful the forum was and I was hooked, it really added a element to the sim that I was missing.

3 Likes

I tried to get a report reversed. Didn’t work. Now I’m here.

2 Likes

I came here and started using the forum because this was the place where the new aircraft were teased, I used to use the old website to vote so I was definitely interested in voicing my opinion and seeing all the cool teasers and features. After a while though I started getting more active and relaxed what a great place this was. The rest is history!

1 Like

When I had the old IF, I clicked on the « request aircraft » button which led me here.

2 Likes

i have had a lot of questions, and every time i searched infinite flight on google most of the search results are from this forum,. i used to underestimate this game cause i have had simulators like xplane 10 & Aerofly previously as well as the demo version of FSX on my potato pc lol.

at first i bought the base game without global and i refund it one or two hours later! i was shocked at how bad the ground scenery was, i didn’t know how the map works and i was constantly trying to land the a380 on short runaways cause i didn’t know where the actual big airports are, the night view was a big downside since i really love night flights

i previously had mobile simulators like xplane 10, Aerofly 2, extreme landings, xplane 10 & Aerofly 2 are the absolute best when it’s comes to graphics but they had very small maps to fly in, on the other hand extreme landings have a global map but the graphics and scenery are really bad at high altitude, and i couldn’t afford high tier pc builds for pc flight simulators so i wanted to get a new mobile simulator that have a global map and there was no other option but infinite flight so after doing some researches i watched some videos on youtube for long flights and the cool graphics from high altitude i decided to join the community forum and ask some questions about the global subscription and the costs etc,…

also i like the fact there’s a community that can help you out when you need help or don’t know how to do something and want solutions, unlike on some other mobile flight simulators that it’s always a struggle to find answers or solutions,.

3 Likes

“American 508 please check tutorials on the forums for assistance using ATC instruction” (back when I first joined the sim)

2 Likes

I actually wamted to become mod and IFATC so I just joined altho I haven’t achived neither.

Actually I was messaging Mark and then I came here not knowing I was here

1 Like

I found the forum in 2016 because I clicked on the events on the main screen. Now I’m here

I want your food lol

3 Likes

I encountered issues with IF on logging into IF Live with Facebook

I went to their website and clicked on “Support” and it took me to IFC’s #support category.
I created an account with IFC and posted the thread below, which was my first ever thread on IFC

I think I joined when @schyllberg was still a regular and @NEO was still around.

While waiting for my problem to be fixed, I looked around at some other topics and found out that this place was a better version of Discord. I participated in some, read around, and got TL1.

After my problem was solved, I never signed back on (maybe a few times) until the announcement of an upcoming update called “Global.” That’s what kept me on IFC to get updates about when it would come out. Once global came out, I pretty much remained on IFC and in January, 2018, I joined @Brent_A’s PHNL event flyout and joined Hawaiian VA (ran by @Balloonchaser).

I have been active on IFC since then and that’s why I joined the community instead of just playing on IF.

The main reason why I first joined was because of that Facebook problem which Tyler helped out. (Even Laura had to chip in).

3 Likes

I actually remember that topic :)

1 Like

Just to confirm, were you still a regular then because for some reason, I remember looing at the thread where you were promoted to TL4

And how did you still remember that topic XD

I love it how you handed off to Tyler back in the day 😂

2 Likes

I was promoted to Moderator shortly thereafter actually, June 22nd. So little over 2 weeks later :)

Some things stick, it’s just how i am. I have a strange ability to remember weird things…

Lol, i know :) I dropped so much things in his lap all the time.

2 Likes

😬 And I do the same to you 🤣

Thank goodness for awesome staff through the years!

8 Likes