What is zello?

I require assistance on the understanding and function of ATC zello. I have witnessed multiple people talk about ATC zello yet still have no understanding of what it is. What is ATC zello?

2 Likes

From what I understand, its an app which lets you talk and give ATC commands. Not sure how it works though.

2 Likes

It’s a free walkie-talkie app.

2 Likes

Zello is an external communication app. It uses voice talk communication and some on here use it for ATC on the FF server, because it has no ATC and they like voice talk ATC. [Click Here] (https://zello.com/home/) for Zello’s website.

3 Likes

Understood. How may I create a zello ATC and what are the requirements to begin one?

There are no requirements… As long as you know how to create channels and edit settings, then you should be fine

Understood.

How do I control on zello?

Zello is simply a walkie talkie app, there is no connection between Zello and ATC. IF users just happen to chose Zello to role play ATC. You must coordinate with other people and create a mutual channel to talk with each other. One person playing the role of the ATC, and the others as pilots.

Understood but how may I control the airspace if I can’t control in FFS?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I am afraid I do not follow your point.

Verbal ATC = Simulating Real Life ATC by talking

You need imagination, tons and tons of imagination…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Basically like vatsim. Speak to your pilots and tell them what to do.

1 Like

Most Zello controllers will have charts of the airspace

1 Like

I understand. Thank you very much indeed

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.