What is your “Uh oh” moment?

I was flying a TUI 737 from Manchester to Innsbruck one time, this was in pitch black night. I had descended a bit too late (before VNAV) and despised to hold while I lose altitude. Completed the first hold as I planned, but starting the second hold, with IF Assistant connected, heard “terrain, terrain, pull up”. so I performed the escape manoeuvre while still in the left bank. Wasn’t enough as I crashed into a mountain at an altitude of 9,500ft. Safe to say I’ve not flown to Innsbruck in pitch black since 😂

6 Likes

And the person flying the jet happens to be one of those people that take off at 240 knots…

3 Likes

These people who want to fly an A330 like a 757…

3 Likes

A minute ago i rejected takeoff since i forgot to turn my left engine on, on the taxiway I turned on the engine to avoid it happening again but said “nah ill turn it on when on the hold short” then got absolutely distracted by someone landing and decided to roll. By the time i realized it, i was above v1.image

3 Likes

Or those who think they can take off a heavy 737-900ER out of a 5000ft runway safely…

3 Likes

A awfully long time ago like (2-3 years? I just remembered while reading everyone’s stories)

But I was climbing out of UUEE heading to KJFK and while I was climbing I noticed my plane was struggling to climb and was at 100% thrust, I was confused and checked the autopilot and flaps but it was fine there so I lowered the V/S hoping that would fix things but it didn’t. So I got out of Cockpit view and saw that I forgot to pull up the Landing Gear😐 it was due to this event that I always remember to pull gear up the second I reach a positive rate of climb.

1 Like

Another one that happens to me. A little over a year ago I was going to fly from a middle eastern airport that was not Dubai to Dubai in a 777because of atc presence I took off and used my departure procedure. Little did I know a group flight was coming in using a arival procedure that was at the same heading as my route. I ended up only being 100 feet before 7x 777s

3 Likes

Forgetting to file a flight plan and realizing right after taking off

3 Likes

Landing at 250 knots and not knowing/ forgetting to put lay landing gear done and not realizing until im 1 mile away

2 Likes

A bit off topic, but do you think In-Flight Assistant is worth the money?

1 Like

I mean it says that you’re clearly an intelligent person when you buy add-ons so if commendation is something you’re into, it’s the perfect app!

2 Likes

I was in a air new Zealand and i left my plane in the air in the expert server and i forget to put gear up until mid flight

1 Like

happens to the best of us! yes, me too!

1 Like

When approach clears you to approach runway xxR but tower clears you to land on xxL and not realizing it so you get booted+violation
Also a similar situation but even with recognizing a slight change like this (a difference of L or R depending on what fpl you filed and and atc), but forgetting to change ils frequencies and not realizing
Lastly, taxing to the wrong end of the longest runway

1 Like

When you just touched down after landing and another plane pulls onto the runway notices there mistake and puts on parking brake in an attempt to stay off but end up beaching it in the middle of the runway (training server) and I could not abort landing in time

1 Like

I had it for a while, but now it just doesn’t connect to my IF

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

May I ask why? This is a place we’re people can talk about their mistakes I see no problem with that.

7 Likes

I don’t see why they’d want to close a topic that has been open for more than two and a half years.

5 Likes

Why would mods close it there is still daily comments on it