What is your ,,Uh oh" moment? Part 2

Well, the first topic was closed… sad. Let’s continue it here, shall we? My biggest uh oh was when I stalled out in Frankfurt in front of @Pilot_Aaltonen (AYVA’s CEO) and the ex-Community Manager @pilot_jonttu . That was embarrasing.

10 Likes

Mine was when I realized about halfway through a flight from EGLL to KJFK that I didn’t have enough fuel…

10 Likes

I have no “Uh oh” moments.

4 Likes

when i was flying from omdb to egll in the emirates a380 and had make an emergency landing in frankfurt because i didnt put it enough fuel lol

2 Likes

happens to the best of us

2 Likes

Thanks for continuing this 🙏 I shall give you the rights to the Uh oh series.

3 Likes

mine was when I stalled out in the middle of the Pacific on a flight to Japan.

2 Likes

Started my takeoff roll, realised about halfway down the runway that I wasn’t picking up speed like I should. It was passed V1 so I had to continue the takeoff. Kept thinking it was a glitch with the parking break or something. At this point, I’m close to the end of the runway and I reach Vr and rotate. I’m rotating while crossing through my systems and realise I took off with only one engine. Let me tell you, you will never appreciate a healthy climb out like I would have appreciated it in that moment. Having to almost level off so you don’t stall? Whew

7 Likes

Its called running out of fuel on 1 1/2 mile final………… after a 14hour flight 😂 😭

Prob the most emotional pain I have ever felt in my IF career.

6 Likes

just after takeoff at what i thought was an uncontrolled airport 200 feet in the air retracting the gear, realizing i didnt get takeoff clearance knowing ill be reported in a matter of seconds… oops… goodbye expert server for 1 week… rookie mistake.

1 Like

whenever someone needs me while i’m in an important flight stage

4 Likes

stuff like this happens to us lol

1 Like

Forgetting that you needed to start your decent at a specific time. You jump on Infinite Flight and find your plane over 30000 feet over your destination Airport…

4 Likes

Forgetting to hit LNAV on a long-haul from LAX, and waking up over the Pacific Ocean headed west instead of Europe. Diverted to VHHH like nothing happened…

10 Likes

Taking off overweight, figuring out you can’t rotate in time, past V1 speed. It’s even more embarrassing when it’s the popular airport

3 Likes

I stalled and crashed on a check flight…

3 Likes

Ouch… I can feel that pain

1 Like

Hi I was flying today I don’t know what this is on the 787/9 British airways

3 Likes

#support go there and report this

1 Like

Once I was taking part in the ‘Gatwick fly in’ event and was taxiing to the runway and Dan (who is streaming it live on yt) has already took off and was in climb. While i was taxiing on a single taxiway the aircraft ahead of me didnt move for a long time So i literally Overtaked him through grass and recieved a level 3 violation from Balacachini.

3 Likes